Got Retention offer from TATA SKY

Brother, this is the simplest thing to decode after gathering knowledge and experience about policies + functioning of dth companies all thru these years .

Tata Sky will call subscribers, give them attractive offers and lure them to activate LDP or Retention Offer by recharging with said amount. Once Tariff Order comes into effect, they will tell the subscriber that TRAI has mandated to discontinue old plans and migrate all subscribers to new regime. Post this they will calculate daily deduction amount for active pack and reverse in customer account, now all this big amount will have to be consumed by subscriber whichever way suits him/her the best.

Basically Tata Sky knows that only way to earn max revenue from now on is to make sure subscriber stays with them for longest period and shells out more, this gameplan is a way to achieve this target
Their customers are not going to go anywhere in the new regime. In fact, they will get more customers from other DPOs, as there will be no difference in charges across the DPOs. Why would they need to do all these things to retain customers?

Holy Cow. Then will ADTV users suffer because of this? Few channels are missing in ADTV.
Yes, but ADTV is violating the law by offering the bouquets with missing channels! They must remove those bouquets from their platform.

Their customers are not going to go anywhere in the new regime. In fact, they will get more customers from other DPOs, as there will be no difference in charges across the DPOs. Why would they need to do all these things to retain customers?

Bro, do u feel that you should have continued with TS when u were using it and not shift to ADTV ??? Now that since all DPO prices are similar ...

arre bhai, already told u that they will do this in order to secure more money in advance and lower risk of losing subscribers in short run thanks to competition

Last edited:
My father got a same call from CC. They offered Dhamal Mix Pack 2650/- for 1Year and 95/- per month rc for Dhamaal Mix HD. + Free regional top ups. Which sums up a monthly expense of 315/-

They said this is exclusive offer for us and won't be available once they implement trai order. They didn't say when will they start following trai order 😂

Bro, do u feel that you should have continued with TS when u were using it and not shift to ADTV ??? Now that since all DPO prices are similar ...
Bro, I didn't shift for price differences, my reason to shift to ADTV was HD channels quality! I'm never going to come back to TS unless they resolve their HD channel PQ issues!!

Yes, but ADTV is violating the law by offering the bouquets with missing channels! They must remove those bouquets from their platform.
Maybe they will add the channels when new tariff is available. My MSO is also doing the same thing.

arre bhai, already told u to secure more money in advance and lower risk of losing subscribers in short run thanks to competition
Poor thinking from TS, if that's true. There is absolutely no need for them to do it, they are going to be the biggest gainers in terms of subscriber base in the new regime. So many customers are waiting to get TS, as the HD Access Fee will be removed in the new regime.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock