Govt earned Rs 48 crore from foreign TV channels as fees

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 13
  • Views: Views 1,442

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
The Information and Broadcasting (I&B) Ministry earned a sum of Rs 48.05 crore during the current year and the last three years from foreign television channels towards registration and annual renewal fees.

Three broadcasting companies, which have permission of 17 foreign TV channels, obtained permission for Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) during the last three years as well as the current year.

Speaking in the Lok Sabha, I&B minister Arun Jaitley said that the Ministry has permitted 822 TV channels as on 5 August, 2015 under Uplinking/Downlinking Guidelines. The details are available on the Ministry’s websitewww.mib.nic.in.

Under the Downlinking Guidelines, the companies are not required to report changes in shareholding pattern to the Ministry for channels uplinked from abroad.

Content telecast on private satellite TV channels is regulated in accordance with the Cable Television Networks (Regulation) Act 1995 and the Rules framed thereunder.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/regulators/i-and-b-ministry/govt-earned-rs-48-crore-from-foreign-tv-channels-as-fees-150810

Tech Info said:
And the foreign TV channels earned that amount from us..

Yeah, but they provided Quality entertainment ! Not like ''giving the licence alone'' :dodgy

48 crore is Very less. Govt should impose more tax and fine for showing wrong content

Sarkar said:
48 crore is Very less. Govt should impose more tax and fine for showing wrong content

Good , but that extra money won't reach people coz Swiss Bank is so close to that relevant Minister :shy

Rahulan Ratnarajah said:
Good , but that extra money won't reach people coz Swiss Bank is so close to that relevant Minister :shy

:no:no:no:no:no

Iss bar Modi Sarkar :k

@Thakur 4k

One suggestion

Please change Your Name THAKUR 4K to Indiantelevision 4K or Article 4K :hehe
i think better Name is Indiantelevision 4K :hehe

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock