GSAT 10 has failed ?

• Thread starter Thread starter dino29
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 50
  • Views Views: Views 25,724

dino29

Reaction score
GSAT-10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

according to some update posted in wikipedia, gsat 10 has failed .

''GSAT-10 failed at November 2012 due to a malfunctioned Xenon Ion Propulsion System and was retired to a graveyard orbit the next month. However, the news of the satellite's failure has not been released due to ISRO's failure rates over the past few years as it would affect their reputation.

Official news from ISRO and its chairman along with more details are expected in the second week of January 2013.''

Re: GSAT 10 has failed

Information available on wiki is not always reliable and true , however if the news of the gsat 10 failure is true it is dooms day for tatasky and its subscribers, tatasky is only resorting to tactics to divert and mis-lead and somehow retain the customers. :

I hope they have a plan B on table......

Thanks for the info bro ....

RE: GSAT 10 has failed

r u sure, Is wikipedia reliable source? very bad news for tatasky cus. a member tatasky_2006 is right.

i am smelling something fishy, astra 2f which launched with gsat 10 became operational in nov last year, i am unable to access the reason for delay in gsat 10 not being operational

Is it confirmed that Gsat 10 failed??? Is it a reliable source?? :huh

Well, i believe wikipedia, dey never go wrong, but hope they go wrong this time though. Indirectly not to blame TS, they tried hard to add channels, but I think it's time for TS to retire

Something Fishy is going on with Wikipedia .... It 12:55 Am and it seems someone is editing GSAT 10 content on Wiki....

I have multiple windows open and what I can see is the status of GSAT 10 is changing on wiki page....

In one of the page it says the "Following its launch and on-orbit testing, it was placed in Geosynchronous orbit at 83.0° East, from where it was to provide communication services in India. It was expected to come into service shortly by November. However, following a failure of its Xenon Ion Propulsion System in December, the satellite was retired to a graveyard orbit in December 2012 "

and now it is modified to :

"Following its launch and on-orbit testing, it was placed in Geosynchronous orbit at 83.0° East, from where it was to provide communication services in India. The commercial operations starts from February 2013 "

Don't know what's going on..

Attaching the screenshots.

dino29 said:
GSAT-10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

according to some update posted in wikipedia, gsat 10 has failed .

''GSAT-10 failed at November 2012 due to a malfunctioned Xenon Ion Propulsion System and was retired to a graveyard orbit the next month. However, the news of the satellite's failure has not been released due to ISRO's failure rates over the past few years as it would affect their reputation.

Official news from ISRO and its chairman along with more details are expected in the second week of January 2013.''

I know you changed it

Back
Top Bottom