Tata Sky to get more satellite capacity courtesy GSAT 10

jdrocks said:
Additional capacity. 2 satellites. :tup
More :HD and 4K channels. :luv
Optional subtitles. :eek:hya
TS rocks.
I think jdrocks bro happy now....

tatasky story is still a mystery. insat 4a will get expired at 2017. then what would be the replace sat.

isro future launches
gsat 17 93.5E only c band tp
gsat 18 74E to replace insat 3c/insat 4cr
gsat 11 @ 74E Ku*ka band tp
gsat 9 @ 48 E
gsat 19 E @ not sure. this experiment purpose only.
gsat 20 ????

gsat 6a, gsat 7a, insat 3dr not commercial

only 2 years left. when will they get approve? when they build? is 2 years enough?

Re: RE: Tata Sky to get more satellite capacity courtesy GSAT 10

SivaG said:
tatasky story is still a mystery. insat 4a will get expired at 2017. then what would be the replace sat.

isro future launches
gsat 17 93.5E only c band tp
gsat 18 74E to replace insat 3c/insat 4cr
gsat 11 @ 74E Ku*ka band tp
gsat 9 @ 48 E
gsat 19 E @ not sure. this experiment purpose only.
gsat 20 ????

gsat 6a, gsat 7a, insat 3dr not commercial

only 2 years left. when will they get approve? when they build? is 2 years enough?

The answer is they migrate to asiasat within this 2 yrs of period.Ts booked same no of tps in AS7&8 or a chance to pressure govt to launch Gsat11 to 83*E

ABCDEFGH said:
"more viewing services like optional subtitles which we do not offer right now,"
"He also pointed out that to launch optional subtitles and to improve EPG more bandwidth is required."

They Are thinking Of Launching optional subtitles. That would be awesome.:sp:eek:hya
if We dont want The subtitles we can press a Button and turn it off
Unfortunately, the subtitles are burned into the original picture by the channel. Therefore there is nothing TataSky can do to make the subtitles optional just on their own. It is for the govt/TRAI to step in and force all channels and DTH companies to implement optional subtitles. Until that happens, I'm sorry to say, we are stuck with these obnoxious subtitles.

Expect premium pack prices as extra expenditure will be re-distributed to customers....

If u don't want subtitles , measure the space it occupies...
Cut a piece of paper to tht measurement & hide it :hehe

sanjay0864 said:
Unfortunately, the subtitles are burned into the original picture by the channel. Therefore there is nothing TataSky can do to make the subtitles optional just on their own. It is for the govt/TRAI to step in and force all channels and DTH companies to implement optional subtitles. Until that happens, I'm sorry to say, we are stuck with these obnoxious subtitles.

I don't think so. The C band channel decoders have the option to enable or disable subtitles. It is up to the DTH provider to enable or disable them.

I remember when Nat Geo HD was launched, TS was showing with Chinese subtitles whereas DishTV was not showing any subtitles.

More recently, I believe Dish was not showing subtitles on Pix HD whereas others were.

So it should be technically possible for the DTH provider to pass on the subtitle switching option to the customer.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock