Tata Sky to get more satellite capacity courtesy GSAT 10

Rahulan Ratnarajah said:
If u don't want subtitles , measure the space it occupies...
Cut a piece of paper to tht measurement & hide it :hehe

Wow! Brilliant solution! I like it. :tup

sanjay0864 said:
Unfortunately, the subtitles are burned into the original picture by the channel. Therefore there is nothing TataSky can do to make the subtitles optional just on their own. It is for the govt/TRAI to step in and force all channels and DTH companies to implement optional subtitles. Until that happens, I'm sorry to say, we are stuck with these obnoxious subtitles.

There are No Subtitles on pix HD In Dish Tv. Whereas for the same channel Subtitles are Available In TAta Sky & ADTV. Refer To Post #20 by JDrocks. HE has very well explained it.:)

SivaG said:
tatasky story is still a mystery. insat 4a will get expired at 2017. then what would be the replace sat.

isro future launches

gsat 17 93.5E only c band tp

gsat 18 74E to replace insat 3c/insat 4cr

gsat 11 @ 74E Ku*ka band tp

gsat 9 @ 48 E

gsat 19 E @ not sure. this experiment purpose only.

gsat 20 ????

gsat 6a, gsat 7a, insat 3dr not commercial

only 2 years left. when will they get approve? when they build? is 2 years enough?

ISRO never replace a satellite within a due time, look at the scenario of INSAT 3D & INSAT 4B; INSAT 3D will end it's service this December & replacement satellite comes only in November. According to my calculations INSAT4A has enough fuel to last beyond it's 12 years mission life. Till to date only two satellites of ISRO last beyond its design life viz. INSAT 2E & INSAT 3C(still working). If INSAT 4A works beyond its design life it will be a blessing for Tata sky users as ISRO will get enough time to mature the technology of GSAT 11 , a sister satellite of GSAT 11 is already in pipeline & if GSAT 11 project succeed we will get a new breed of communication satellite for dth purposes. The next class of GSAT 11 will call GSAT 11A, 11B, 11C ....
For now GSAT 10 will work as a backup satellite for INSAT 4A , after 12 years of mission life INSAT 4A will work as a spare satellite & GSAT 10 as a main satellite.

jdrocks said:
I don't think so. The C band channel decoders have the option to enable or disable subtitles. It is up to the DTH provider to enable or disable them.

I remember when Nat Geo HD was launched, TS was showing with Chinese subtitles whereas DishTV was not showing any subtitles.

More recently, I believe Dish was not showing subtitles on Pix HD whereas others were.

So it should be technically possible for the DTH provider to pass on the subtitle switching option to the customer.

Yeah its possible for them.
As airtel provided subtile option in language button on their old software....
So its possible in Tata sky also....

Omg:skd Awesome News :eek:hya Tatasky will soon have 24 TPs :tup

jdrocks said:
I don't think so. The C band channel decoders have the option to enable or disable subtitles. It is up to the DTH provider to enable or disable them.

I remember when Nat Geo HD was launched, TS was showing with Chinese subtitles whereas DishTV was not showing any subtitles.

More recently, I believe Dish was not showing subtitles on Pix HD whereas others were.

So it should be technically possible for the DTH provider to pass on the subtitle switching option to the customer.
If this is correct and the sub-titles are not burned in and the original broadcast permits switching the sub-titles on/off, then certainly the DTH companies can and should pass on this ability to the viewer. The fact that they don't already do so, is a disgraceful show of contempt for the consumer/viewer.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock