Harmonic Video Infrastructure Powers Airtel Digital TV's Enhanced DTH HD Offerings

Sarkar said:
I am sure it has already been done. Bcoz article said Airtel has deployed, it doesn't said Airtel will deploy :k

So everything is in airtel's end not in customers end. For customers just tune HD and watch it :eek:hya

Powered by the Harmonic PURE Compression Engine™, the Electra X2 media processors support a wide range of video formats and codecs for satellite delivery, including HEVC, simplifying operations and future upgrades for Bharti Airtel.

I mean superior quality SD channels HD like quality, wen it will come to effect.

Optimus_Prime said:
I don't think Airtel will compress their SD channels.
think once, if they compress SD channels like &TV what will happend then? there is so much pixelated picture quality on &Tv. yakkk

Bang Onn. This is one of the reasons why I chose Tata sky as my 2nd DTH connection only to watch this channel in supiriour quality.

076f464a6dbf551fa44ae139caefb3e6.jpg

Featuring real-time encoding of SD, HD and Ultra HD media, integrated high-quality branding and graphics, and reliable transport stream playout, Electra[emoji769] X offers content and service providers market-leading video quality, unparalleled function integration and increased operational flexibility in a cost-effective appliance.

Two models are available: the 1-RU Electra X2, ideal for all SD and HD media processing applications, and the 2-RU Electra X3, designed specifically for Ultra HD encoding. At the heart of both units is the Harmonic PURE Compression Engine[emoji769], an advanced encoding technology that supports SD, HD and UHD formats and MPEG-2, MPEG-4 AVC and HEVC codecs for broadcast and over-the-top multiscreen delivery. Originally developed for our VOS[emoji769] virtualized media processing platform, the Harmonic PURE Compression Engine powers Electra X with superior video quality at minimum bandwidth.
On-board video graphics and branding on Electra X2 bring new levels of workflow efficiency to the video delivery chain, a capability that also preserves video quality by removing the need to inject baseband components into the IP workflow. For premium UHD encoding applications, Electra X3 delivers broadcast-ready content at resolutions up to 2160p60 via HEVC Main 10. Rich audio functionality on both Electra X2 and X3 includes encoding of Dolby[emoji768] Digital Plus (E-AC-3) content and integrated audio leveling.

With its superior video quality, function integration, bandwidth efficiency and workflow flexibility, the multi-service, multi-codec, multi-function Electra X is sure to simplify your infrastructure, reduce costs and drive new revenue-generating services.

Highlights
SD/HD MPEG-2, MPEG-4 AVC and HEVC encoding for broadcast and OTT multiscreen services
Real-time, full-frame UHD/HEVC Main 10 broadcast encoding
Harmonic PURE Compression Engine for market-leading video quality at the lowest bitrates
Integrated video graphics and branding, without custom authoring tools or training
Transport stream playout, enabling channel origination and linear ad insertion
Optimized statistical multiplexing over IP
Rich audio functionality, including E-AC-3 encoding and Jünger Level Magic audio level adjustment
- See more at: http://www.harmonicinc.com/product/encoding-transcoding-distribution/electra-x#sthash.bDGNvFhb.dpuf

adtv hevc hd

adtv soon may add remaining hd channels in hevc format to save bandwidth.. hevc hd channel require 50% space that required by mpeg4 hd

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock