Hathway to go fully digital from June increasing channels, order set-top box by SMS

• Thread starter Vinay
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 6
  • Views: Views 8,080

Vinay

Reaction score
Hathway will sunset analog cable and go fully digital from June 30, 2012 increasing channels count considerably, by using the whole bandwidth from 47 MHz in VLF band to 860MHz in UHF band.
So there will be 105 carrier transponders (analog channel) freely available after abandoning analog channels. 1 transponder can carry upto 8 digital channels of very good quality
1 VHF carrier frequency reserved for Hathway Cable Internet.

Order set-top box by SMS STB (Name) (Area) to 575759

Source: Menu screen teaser of Hathway set-top box.

Vc2Hn.jpg

Great news Vinay bro...
Hathway is a big operator...if they go digital everywhere, it would cost hell.
Wonder what the customers would be charged...

iS THAT ME said:
Great news Vinay bro...
Hathway is a big operator...if they go digital everywhere, it would cost hell.
Wonder what the customers would be charged...

iS THAT ME bro, you are totally right. But Hathway is charging Rs600 to Rs800 per set-top box with monthly charges around Rs200.
In some places the boxes are provided free of cost but returnable on service discontinuation.
They have to be prepared to face the stiff competition from DTH.
And if they increase the charges, they will lose customers to DTH. So no price increase for now :win:win and everything at subsidized rates.

That is great news. Sadly they are not providing service in my area. :(

Thanks for update vinay bhai. :)

Vinay said:
iS THAT ME bro, you are totally right. But Hathway is charging Rs600 to Rs800 per set-top box with monthly charges around Rs200.
In some places the boxes are provided free of cost but returnable on service discontinuation.
They have to be prepared to face the stiff competition from DTH.
And if they increase the charges, they will lose customers to DTH. So no price increase for now :win:win and everything at subsidized rates.
Wow...thats awesome !
Meaning Hathway is taking this digital cable business very seriously...
well, with these rates, i dont think there would be any chance for other regional small tym cable operators...Hathway gonna nail it all...

great info Vinay bro...thanx :)

Sent via Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock