Sad News HBO and WB to exit Indian market from 15th December

Many are watching now English movies thru OTT.Now after channel packages were cancelled and there are very less takers of english content by suscribing to it paying Rs22 per channel,so TRAI NCF system implementation has made many english channels shut down in India,many more channels will shut down in India

if they are focusing more on kids genre, its high time they introduce boomerang brand in India

only few movies air those 2 channels.
One movie was shown 20-25 times a month. New movies are given only 2 to 3 in a year. It is good that such channels will be closed. I'm happy

This is really sad :verysad2::verysad2::verysad2:

I regularly watch HBO HD channel. Due to Trai, now all good channels are shutting down one by one.

Wrong conclusion. There r numerous factors leading to such changes including in various other countries. Also Warner Media may have infact benefited from TRAI NTO as earlier there were instances where big broadcasters got appropriate or even more money thru bulk long term fixed deals system but smaller ones had to bow down, under new rules transparency was increased and even operators could get onboard new chs easily without paying upfront long term amount. It is due to OTT that niche chs finding it hard to survive, also mergers is another reason. Good that unnecessary chs r getting closed though it would b better if some of these chs reinvented itself as there is large untapped audience wherein internet is still not available or steady. Problem is that broadcasters r not evolving with time

Meanwhile read this, even in other countries they r restructuring
As WarnerMedia Braces for Massive Layoffs, HBO Max Is Both the Cause and the Cure

With Turner moving out. There is good chance that Sony, Star and Times will pick and do justice to WB's library by airing it in HD like Times did with MGM's library. Also HBO's library will also be more enjoyable with a normal sized tv logo.
I think Movies Now will pick up most movies from HBO/WB library. Sony Pix, &Flix may take some piece. Less chance for Star Movies as they have no time to show movies other than from Marvel/Pixar/Disney/20th Century.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock