HBO HD LCN Changed to 363

• Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 55
  • Views: Views 8,506
jdrocks said:
The picture on HBO HD is too soft compared with the other English movie HD channels. Also the audio seems almost like mono lacking channel separation, let alone 5.1. LePlex is much better in these aspects.
The center channel volume is low and the subwoofer volume is high. Is this a broadcaster issue or an issue from TS end?

kumarvishwas said:
It can depend on both broadcaster as well as DTH,like some months back Dish TV users were not getting subtitles on Pix HD but Airtel nd TS users were getting them.

I guess these broadcasters provide channel with subtitles but it depends on DTH to turn them on or off

Okay. Thnx for the info. :)

soundtek said:
The center channel volume is low and the subwoofer volume is high. Is this a broadcaster issue or an issue from TS end?

I guess it maybe from HBO end.

Souravjams said:
If i am not wrong hbo hits and defined had less censorship compared to other channels.
Off topic:
Indian censor board need education on "what is obscene".... They censor at unwanted places and spoil movie viewing experience....

kumarvishwas said:
It can depend on both broadcaster as well as DTH,like some months back Dish TV users were not getting subtitles on Pix HD but Airtel nd TS users were getting them.

I guess these broadcasters provide channel with subtitles but it depends on DTH to turn them on or off
The Broadcasters do not hard code the sub-titles in their feed but is a data stream. Before uplinking, each DTH operator selects the option of CC/Subtitles for the channel and thus it gets hard coded, hence the user has no choice. In most nations, this option is left to the subscriber to activate or deactivate at both master settings level or at channel level of the STB.. The STB's need to have the facility for that (software/hardware). I know for sure the Broadcasters in India have requested for such a pass-thru but the DTH operators are said to be "working on it". Hence in its native form if the DTH would just allow for the signal to pass-thru as it is and equip their STB's to decode, then everyone would be happy. DTH operstors can always program their STB to set status of CC/Subtiltles to default as On or Off in the  settings of the STB for the user to toggle likewise.

saravana184 said:
Off topic:
Indian censor board need education on "what is obscene".... They censor at unwanted places and spoil movie viewing experience....
Yup, couldn't agree more with you. Forget television, they are even censoring in theatres. That's the reason people would download more pirated stuff from the internet. Seriously, i really don't get the point of all these useless censorship. Anyways its an off topic, so leave it.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock