HD Box 2222 switch on off problem

lashok13 said:
Even though i got the same problem. I called CC and service engineer came after 5 days and told me the compability problem between sony hd and videocon software. He told that he will update my setup box software on the following day.But he never came back after 5 days also, so i called sony led service engineer and he rectified it within 1 hr of my phone call.
according to me Videocon CC is waste and useless (i have called them and registered 13 complaints about this isssue but he never came back)...
So frnds choose wisely if ur selecting videocon d2h, according to me airtel is best even thought it is costly....:wall

Can you reply with the action taken by sony service engineer?

lashok13 said:
he just changed some settings in the menu

He may turned off the hdmi control....now the Bravia sync will not work for any hdmi device connected in any port...

All,

am existing using d2h SD box, bought new Sony 46" LED, thought of migrating to HD box this month end (when my subsciption is over).

now reading thru this post, find 2222 box has still compatability issues/teething issues, what would u recommend on HD upgrade - d2h vis Airtel is my consideration ?

(me having used to d2h usage more than 1 yr now, on SD mode, feel comfortable on the interface..:huh)

thilalangadi said:
All,

am existing using d2h SD box, bought new Sony 46" LED, thought of migrating to HD box this month end (when my subsciption is over).

now reading thru this post, find 2222 box has still compatability issues/teething issues, what would u recommend on HD upgrade - d2h vis Airtel is my consideration ?

(me having used to d2h usage more than 1 yr now, on SD mode, feel comfortable on the interface..:huh)
frnd i also upgraded d2h hd when i bought SONY 42" LED.
I will explain the problems i faced with d2h {Please note its not to deframe D2h}:
* after recharging 2200 Rs for hd with rec feature upgrade, i called cc to upgrade my sd to hd, but he told there is error in server it will took 6 hrs to process the request.
* after passing 6 hrs, i have called cc 3 times to process my request and they also promised me that i will get me a HD box within 24 hrs. But actually i got HD box after 60 hrs( 2 and half days) from service engineer and he installed it.{ he insisted me that free 1M south platinum Hd pack will be activated within few hours}.
* even waiting for 24 hrs i hav not got free package and also i found that Tv off and on when i switched on or connected my HD box and this happened repeatedly.
* Then i have called CC more than 30 times regarding this issue in 5 days. [d2h is the only dth to register complaint for not rectifying the complaint] and i hav registered 20 complaints for not rectifying the my first HD compatibility complaint.they just say that they hav send service engineer.
* at one stage i thought of migrating to digital tv, after 5 days the service engineer came and told that SONY & PHILIPS TV SOFTWARE is not compatible with VIDEOCON software and he told me to use AV cable to connect with HD box. he also told that another videocon software is available and he will install it on the next day.
* Then i called SONY ENGINEER to solve this issue and he solved it.
* After the visit of service engineer i got free HD pack i.e. after 5 days of getting HD stb.
* That guy who told me that he will come on next day came after
a week.
* Eventhough my HD compatibility problem is solved, still now recording feature is not working even i have added recording topup and i was bored of talking to D2H cc. and waiting for jan to migrate to other dth like adtv[since my bal finishes on jan].

So frnd my opinion is think wisely before choosing D2h HD and if you hav great patience then you can took d2h.To my knowledge most of them in my nearby area also facing the same problem.

My location: Guduvancherry, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.

LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST THIS REPLY IS NOT TO DEFRAME D2H JUST SHARING MY VIEWS ON D2h...:):):):)

I know, can understand how painful its when such installation issues are there, when we n family eagerly do new festival/seasonal purchase and see its not working :(

me too last year around same time post-Diwali,when I first time purchased SD connection frm d2h faced initial MEGA goof-ups by them, after 30 calls and 50 mails etc blasting them across internet forums/FB page etc, one fine day, to my surprise their COO rang up, felt sorry and rectified the problem. Minutes after he called I would have received a dozen calls frm across vertical teams asking me what/when/who is responsible etc etc and will come and entirely everything was replaced and made to 'work' under supervision of the South RM-support :lol

Iam not saying this happens to everyone/everytime, but happened to me by some sheer coincidence (even jokingly I told my friends if iam the only customer to d2h that their COO personally calling me and retaining me:D...)

So this time to upgrade HD with them Iam too too sceptical again,since the ghost memories remain still and hence posting lot of questions here :dodgy (ofcourse personal experiences only influences a individual to act, however my exp need not be necessarily other persons like)

lashok13 said:
frnd i also upgraded d2h hd when i bought SONY 42" LED.
I will explain the problems i faced with d2h {Please note its not to deframe D2h}:
* after recharging 2200 Rs for hd with rec feature upgrade, i called cc to upgrade my sd to hd, but he told there is error in server it will took 6 hrs to process the request.
* after passing 6 hrs, i have called cc 3 times to process my request and they also promised me that i will get me a HD box within 24 hrs. But actually i got HD box after 60 hrs( 2 and half days) from service engineer and he installed it.{ he insisted me that free 1M south platinum Hd pack will be activated within few hours}.
* even waiting for 24 hrs i hav not got free package and also i found that Tv off and on when i switched on or connected my HD box and this happened repeatedly.
* Then i have called CC more than 30 times regarding this issue in 5 days. [d2h is the only dth to register complaint for not rectifying the complaint] and i hav registered 20 complaints for not rectifying the my first HD compatibility complaint.they just say that they hav send service engineer.
* at one stage i thought of migrating to digital tv, after 5 days the service engineer came and told that SONY & PHILIPS TV SOFTWARE is not compatible with VIDEOCON software and he told me to use AV cable to connect with HD box. he also told that another videocon software is available and he will install it on the next day.
* Then i called SONY ENGINEER to solve this issue and he solved it.
* After the visit of service engineer i got free HD pack i.e. after 5 days of getting HD stb.
* That guy who told me that he will come on next day came after
a week.
* Eventhough my HD compatibility problem is solved, still now recording feature is not working even i have added recording topup and i was bored of talking to D2H cc. and waiting for jan to migrate to other dth like adtv[since my bal finishes on jan].

So frnd my opinion is think wisely before choosing D2h HD and if you hav great patience then you can took d2h.To my knowledge most of them in my nearby area also facing the same problem.

My location: Guduvancherry, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.

LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST THIS REPLY IS NOT TO DEFRAME D2H JUST SHARING MY VIEWS ON D2h...:):):):)

thilalangadi said:
I know, can understand how painful its when such installation issues are there, when we n family eagerly do new festival/seasonal purchase and see its not working :(

me too last year around same time post-Diwali,when I first time purchased SD connection frm d2h faced initial MEGA goof-ups by them, after 30 calls and 50 mails etc blasting them across internet forums/FB page etc, one fine day, to my surprise their COO rang up, felt sorry and rectified the problem. Minutes after he called I would have received a dozen calls frm across vertical teams asking me what/when/who is responsible etc etc and will come and entirely everything was replaced and made to 'work' under supervision of the South RM-support :lol

Iam not saying this happens to everyone/everytime, but happened to me by some sheer coincidence (even jokingly I told my friends if iam the only customer to d2h that their COO personally calling me and retaining me:D...)

So this time to upgrade HD with them Iam too too sceptical again,since the ghost memories remain still and hence posting lot of questions here :dodgy (ofcourse personal experiences only influences a individual to act, however my exp need not be necessarily other persons like)
frnd i shared my feelings since you specified that you have SONY LED TV. and now i'm really happy with airtel.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock