HD DVR recorder problem

• Thread starter Thread starter kumarvishwas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 8
  • Views Views: Views 1,555

kumarvishwas

Contributor
Reaction score
Guys I upgraded to HD DVR from HD+ 2 weeks back but I am facing a problem in recording,while I am pressing the recording button the recording starts sometimes from 3 minutes before,sometime one minute before,I have even disabled start record extension from recorder settings under user settings but still recording starts from anywhere on pressing rec button like 3 minutes back,5 minutes back,1 minute back and sometimes from 0 only.Pls help :'( :'( :'( :-/

What channel are you recording? Some channels programmes do not always maintain EPG time but recording will always start at the designated time.

jdrocks bro scheduled recording works fine but when I instantly want to record something like a particular song in a movie so when song starts if I press the rec button at that time there are 90% chances that recorder might also record some part of the movie before the song,sometimes the content recorded before the song is of 2 minutes sometimes it is for 4 minutes etc that means timer of recording should start from 00:00:00 but it starts from 00:02:30 or any other value,and similar is case for all other channels,saw same thing happening on discovery hd world,star gold hd,mtunes hd,mtv etc.

bro i think some soft problem,some times i also facing in rdtv dvr stb,just reset ur stb & try bro ,also check ur 2 signal cable correct plugged or not:k

Vicky said:
bro i think some soft problem,some times i also facing in rdtv dvr stb,just reset ur stb & try bro ,also check ur 2 signal cable correct plugged or not:k

Yeah I also think so some soft prob,I called cc and they told me to factory reset the stb but same thing again happening,sometimes I am observing that if I change channel like to mtunes hd and start recording the channel any time after switching to that channel but the recording begins from the time I have switched on to that channel rather from the time at which I press the recording button and if I stop recording and again start recording after 2 minutes so the recording is continued from starting time when I have switched on to that channel :'( :'( :'( :-/

kumarvishwas said:
Yeah I also think so some soft prob,I called cc and they told me to factory reset the stb but same thing again happening,sometimes I am observing that if I change channel like to mtunes hd and start recording the channel any time after switching to that channel but the recording begins from the time I have switched on to that channel rather from the time at which I press the recording button and if I stop recording and again start recording after 2 minutes so the recording is continued from starting time when I have switched on to that channel :'( :'( :'( :-/

It's recording from the time you switched on that channel because you are recording the program(EPG) and as the program has started earlier its recording from earlier.:k
In Tata Sky also same thing happens.

But I think in Airtel time based recording option is available which is not available In Tata Sky :tup

How is this a problem? This is a feature. The recording starts from the time you started watching the current channel. Check 'review buffer depth' in your recorder settings. It is 45 minutes by default. So if you have been watching a channel for more than 45 minutes and press record, it will show you 45 minutes recorded. If you want, you can set it to zero bit what's the point.

bro if possible please post snapshot of error screen & my suggestions contact nodal officers they will surely resolve ur complaint soon:tup

kumarvishwas said:
jdrocks bro scheduled recording works fine but when I instantly want to record something like a particular song in a movie so when song starts if I press the rec button at that time there are 90% chances that recorder might also record some part of the movie before the song,sometimes the content recorded before the song is of 2 minutes sometimes it is for 4 minutes etc that means timer of recording should start from 00:00:00 but it starts from 00:02:30 or any other value,and similar is case for all other channels,saw same thing happening on discovery hd world,star gold hd,mtunes hd,mtv etc.

This is how it is meant to be. It is not an error and no one can claim to rectify it because that is the design. It is because of the recording buffer. It will store the recording for as long as the channel has been switched on up to the recording buffer setting. This is because this feature is also utilised for rewinding live programmes. If you want to do instant recording, just change the channel and come back to the channel you want to record and press Rec button.

Back
Top Bottom