HD upgrade vs new connection

sugandhel

Reaction score
According to new Airtel ad, HD upgrade will cost Rs. 1800. If i buy a new HD connection with 1 year advance rental i will be paying around Rs. 6300(In other words Set Top Box will become free).
Which one is better and what are the pros and cons of upgrading vs new connection. I mean why someone would choose to upgrade over new.

upgrade process:
for upgrade you have to buy a new hd stb and then handover the old for getting benifits.
both are new stb only.

sugandhel said:
According to new Airtel ad, HD upgrade will cost Rs. 1800. If i buy a new HD connection with 1 year advance rental i will be paying around Rs. 6300(In other words Set Top Box will become free).
Which one is better and what are the pros and cons of upgrading vs new connection. I mean why someone would choose to upgrade over new.

HD upgrade and new connection is as follows,

if you go for new connection (I just purchased one), you have to spend 2990 and you get one month free for a pack 600 Rs...so effective price you paid is 2400. you get new dish, new lnb, and 10-12 meter wire...

Now for HD upgrade, you return your sd box, do not take new dish and new lnb, also you just get 175 rs worth hd pack (someone pls correct if here also we get full 600 rs hd pack?).

Now if you are existing customer, dish, sd box, and lnb is of no use, so you can return and save around 600 + 175rs (2400-1800+175).

That is my view...

I am ready to pay advance rent for 1 year if they will exchange the set top box for free. Like the plan they have for new connection. Anybody has any idea?

shiwesh said:
[Now if you are existing customer, dish, sd box, and lnb is of no use, so you can return and save around 600 + 175rs (2400-1800+175).

That is my view...

what is 600

why u deducted it 1800 from rs2400?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock