Help Needed about HD resolution

@Smit: Few points you may consider...

Most of the TV channels across the world is transmitted in 1080i or 720P. There are hardly any channels being transmitted in 1080P due to higher bandwidth requirement. So, if I have read our question correctly, you are asking which channels are 720P and which ones are 1080i. I searched and could not get that info...

Typically the display shows the STB settings. If the STB is set to 720P o/p, display will show 1280x720 irrespective of channel resolution. It will display the same even on SD channel.

You can verify the above by changing the resolution in STB and see. Even after
changing STB settings, display shows same resolution, most probably there is issue with your stb sw. (For ex: You can change the settings to 576P in STB and your TV should show 840x576 as resolution. If that does not happen, your STB is deliering only 720P signal to your TV )

@zero7

You are right.....even after setting STB to full HD resolution if you are getting lower, STB is the culprit....may be the software....

@thread starter

When the problem started?

After recent update ???

What about the resolution with other devices connected to tv??

If it's correct ....

Call cc and they will swap STB or resolve the software issue if so.....

Zero7 said:
@Smit: Few points you may consider...

Most of the TV channels across the world is transmitted in 1080i or 720P. There are hardly any channels being transmitted in 1080P due to higher bandwidth requirement. So, if I have read our question correctly, you are asking which channels are 720P and which ones are 1080i. I searched and could not get that info...

Typically the display shows the STB settings. If the STB is set to 720P o/p, display will show 1280x720 irrespective of channel resolution. It will display the same even on SD channel.

You can verify the above by changing the resolution in STB and see. Even after
changing STB settings, display shows same resolution, most probably there is issue with your stb sw. (For ex: You can change the settings to 576P in STB and your TV should show 840x576 as resolution. If that does not happen, your STB is deliering only 720P signal to your TV )

I've changed setting in stb also and set to 1080i but..it remains...
are the HD channels are really broadcasted in full hd resolution????

Jerome.J said:
What about the resolution with other devices connected to tv??

If it's correct ....

Call cc and they will swap STB or resolve the software issue if so.....

Yes Thats The Point I've 1TB Hard drive and i watched SCARFACE in 1080p It reallly displays 1920*1080...what Should I Do??
:(

Call cc and they will swap STB or resolve the software issue.......this is the only solution I think.....before this you may factory reset the box as a try.....

Smit Shukla said:
are the HD channels are really broadcasted in full hd resolution????

Why u cannot understand as already said d2h HD channels are true 1080i full HD....you are not the only person with a full HD tv....if possible follow what we are saying or do it as your wish....don't waste our time....

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock