strange thing about resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

samitabhishek

Reaction score
i have my videocon d2h HD stb connected to my samsung Full HD 3D LED tv. i just performed a practicle.:-

first i set the resolution of my stb to 1920*1080/60i . then switched to a HD channel (for example star plus). when i watched the tv from very near then i found some pixlation in tha channels name (below logo).
then i changed the output of stb to 1280*720/60i . i was shocked the pixlation was gone .. it became more sharp. :huh what is this in less resolution picture is more sharp ...
i changed the channels tried in some others channels also- M tunes HD star world HD and Sony six HD. found same result.
then i changed 1920*1080/60i to 50i again same result...
guyzz what is the reason for this strange thing..... ?????:huh:huh:huh

samitabhishek said:
i have my videocon d2h HD stb connected to my samsung Full HD 3D LED tv. i just performed a practicle.:-

first i set the resolution of my stb to 1920*1080/60i . then switched to a HD channel (for example star plus). when i watched the tv from very near then i found some pixlation in tha channels name (below logo).
then i changed the output of stb to 1280*720/60i . i was shocked the pixlation was gone .. it became more sharp. :huh what is this in less resolution picture is more sharp ...
i changed the channels tried in some others channels also- M tunes HD star world HD and Sony six HD. found same result.

i am new d2h user..
i need help hw can i get installation code??
and here u said that u chaged the stb output. hw do u change these things.?? i do knw hw to do..even i am geting mild diagnal waves..is this bcz of any resoultion problem or singal problem..
even i do knw hw to check the signal strenght..anybody pls help me

samitabhishek said:

first i set the resolution of my stb to 1920*1080/60i .
iguyzz what is the reason for this strange thing..... ?????:huh:huh:huh

I had read about this phenomenon in avs forum as well. Answer for this is difference between interlaced and progressive scan image. 1920x1080i (1080i) is the interlaced output and the 720P is progressive scan. Hence chances of picture appearing clear and sharp is higher.
Progressive scan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

shyyamsundar said:
i am new d2h user..
and here u said that u chaged the stb output. hw do u change these things.?? i do knw hw to do..even i am geting mild diagnal waves..is this bcz of any resoultion problem or singal problem..
Installation code is 1234. The above settings are under TV settings.

Zero7 you are right man... i just reseached it on wikipedia , google . and found the same...thanx.

It means transmission is in interlaced fermat (thats why it write 1080i not 1080p . 'i' means interlaced and 'p' means progressive).

Zero7 said:
shyyamsundar said:
i am new d2h user..
Installation code is 1234. The above settings are under TV settings.

thks dude..
but if i give installation code 1234 and then asking for secret code.
hw shld i get secret number ??

Secret code is 4,6,8,10 digit of ur smartcard number...just remove ur smart card and note down the above said numbers

samitabhishek said:

The reason is HD telecast will be in 720P and your Tv enhances it to 1080.
If You try with Blue Ray you will find the difference.

dont say about blue ray but when i play 1080p movie from pen drive it is better

samitabhishek said:
dont say about blue ray but when i play 1080p movie from pen drive it is better

The reason is the same. Hd telecast is in 720P and it is being enhanced to 1080 by your TV.Search the internet about Hd telecast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock