High definition channels set to gain in popularity: Dish TV

so it doubt between baby tv and nat geo music.

better to ask broadcasters.

can anybody check bitrate?

can some confirm whether transmission on mpeg4 or mpeg2?

in that case yesterday i found Ktv( tamil regional) channel pq as good as HD pq.

one doubt

if history tv 18 does have same feed for sd and hd.

its hd channel is not worth, bcoz it will telecast same program and also same amount of ads say 12-15 min per hour.

same is case with movies now.

what about baby tv and nat geo music

hitory tv 18, movies now, travel xp, baby tv, nat geo music, utv stars, hbo defined , hbo hits, mtunes and some other chs are only available in hd feed. Dth operators demodulate it to standard definition to telecast it for standard definition viewers

Ads have to be there as subscription revenue is too low in India. You have a live example that if there are ad free chs like hbo defined hd and hbo hits hd and alrway people are not ready to pay a premium amount for it so very soon they will also become chs with ad, ad-free business is not sustainable in India yet

hbo defined , hbo hits SD and HD feed are separate service,no demodulation from DTH end.
are you sure hitory tv 18,mtunes not having SD feed.?

But whether SD feed for HBO Hits and HBO Defined are started separately by HBO? At the time of launching, they said, they will first start HD feed and later the SD feed..

I think when Airtel launched the SD channels, they downgraded the HD feed into SD.. Not sure what is the status now..

Dish TV users can confirm this since they have both HD and SD versions of both these channels..

yes airtel started with demodulate version of HD,then continue the original SD feed from HBO.

Thanks people bro.. I have another query.. Though they have separate channels for HD and SD, whether the content is different? i.e. they are playing same movie, even same minute of the movie or a different one at least a different minute of the movie??

In other channels like Start Movies HD and Zee Studio HD, we can easily say because they have different advertisements for SD and HD.. But for HBO Premium channels, there are no ads..

sorry airtel don't have a HD feed,so i cant comment the movies line-up.but SD is separate feed,because they are showing at channels left corner this movies also available on HD (like our sun tv).

there is no seperate sd or hd feed for hbo hits or defined , it is a hd channel being demodulate to sd by airtel and dish tv.

the biggest mark of differentiation which anyone can make is that all content which will show in the sd version of thesse 2chs is in th ein between zone between black bar unlike food food which is a sd channel which runs with black bars but promo banner ads are shown in the black bar area, u will not see that in hbo hd chs as those black bars r not from channel end but are adjusted from decoder of these 2 chs by concerned dth operator just like they do for history tv 18 sd, movies now sd and other chsnnels

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock