How are SD channels(pack) on 42 inch LCD tv?

• Thread starter nulll
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 7
  • Views: Views 2,071

nulll

Reaction score
Hello,
We have a 42 inch LCD tv HD - 1080p supported (from Videocon - which came with integrated videocon D2H settop box - which we never used) and using cable at present. With the nonsense from cablewala every now and then - switching channels, no reception etc and now asking us to replace the STB, we are planning to shift to a cheap SD DTH service to replace the current cable connection.

Wanted to know if SD DTH works well on a 42 inch LCD or should we go for a HD connection?

We dont want to spend too much on the monthly packages and hence opting for a SD connection.

Also suggest a economical package (250rs monthly):
Channels required
All kannada channels (in Bangalore :D)

Will be great if we can get
All english movie channels
All english entertainment & educational channels (Discovery, History 18, Zee cafe, AXN, Comedy Central etc)
All english lifestyle channels (TLC, Starworld, Fox Life etc)

Sports is optional. Can subscribe to it when we want it (like during IPL etc).

@nulll bro,

As u want to go for DTH SD connection, You can go for Tata Sky connection.

The cheapest pack with all Hindi Channels (GEC, Movies, News), Music, Knowledge , etc. Will cost Rs 270 pm.
This has no English GEC, Movies, News channels. No Sports except Star Sports 2, No kids except Cartoon network.
You will get 2 free regional pack where you can take kannada channels.

If you want all English channels GEC, Lifestyle, News, along with sports/kids you have to take the max pack that is Ultra pack Rs 530 pm.
Here also you will get to choose 2 free regional packs.

Considering you have a Full HD TV 42inch you can take HD, HD viewing on full HD TV is amazing. You need to pay Rs 175 extra for HD channels.

Other members using DTH will help you regarding other DTH services..

I am not a DTH subscriber hence I cannot give you more info on packages and services. But many of my friends use tata sky hence I have some knowledge.

As of me I am a Digital Cable TV user. I have a 40inch Full HD Led TV.

I pay Rs 350, where I get 365 SD channels and 35 HD channels. More will be added in coming days.

anishpai said:
As of me I am a Digital Cable TV user. I have a 40inch Full HD Led TV.

I pay Rs 350, where I get 365 SD channels and 35 HD channels. More will be added in coming days.

In bangalore? which cable is it? how is the uptime?

We have this All-Digital network here. They do give some 400-500 channels (I guess), but 70% of them are locked OR has no signal. For 250rs, you dont get only a part of english entertainment (3 of 6-8), knowledge (1 of 3-4), movies (3 of the 7-8). More over, we are frustrated with the downtime. My mother wants to watch Colors kannada Or zee kannada and these channels have no signal then. Now they have started a new story to replace the STB yet again by paying 1500rs. this was done just 1+ years ago when they all went digital..  hence thinking of shifting to a DTh platform now to avoid the nonsense

with your requirements you got to spend total of 385rs in tata sky

1. base pack - south special - 220rs (you get kannada as regional pack which is free along with one more pack of your choice)
2. All english movie channels - 85rs
3. All english entertainment & educational channels - 80rs
4. All english lifestyle channels - This is actually comes under infotainment category which will be covered in your base pack ( fox life, history tv 18, travelxp, nat geo, nat geo wild, nat geo people, discovery, animal planet etc.)

Thats 385rs for SD. If you want HD, then 175rs extra which would come around 560rs

So basically if you want to move from cable to dth you should be ready to pay extra.

If you choose airtel you could save 50rs or less per month compared to tatasky. Both are similar. But I would suggest tatasky

nulll said:
In bangalore? which cable is it? how is the uptime?

We have this All-Digital network here. They do give some 400-500 channels (I guess), but 70% of them are locked OR has no signal. For 250rs, you dont get only a part of english entertainment (3 of 6-8), knowledge (1 of 3-4), movies (3 of the 7-8). More over, we are frustrated with the downtime. My mother wants to watch Colors kannada Or zee kannada and these channels have no signal then. Now they have started a new story to replace the STB yet again by paying 1500rs. this was done just 1+ years ago when they all went digital..  hence thinking of shifting to a DTh platform now to avoid the nonsense

Isn there hathway in your area ??? see if its HD STB is available in your area. You will get 400 SD and 50 HD in hathway.

I don't have much info on all digital. Again see if that no signal issues is for you or others too face that. Ask your cable guy what he can do to fix it. Also see if All Digital has HD STB

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock