Discussion Tataplay +hd vs binge+ box

HappySoul

Solutions
Reaction score
Since no one speaks much about the difference between both boxes apart from ott features and I have used both boxes , here is my review-

Picture quality:
+Hd box has superior picture quality in hd channels but for sd channels it is slightly inferior than binge+ box (in HDR mode), not much difference but still. In +hd box, it supports refresh rate of 50hz only where in binge+ box it supports 60hz and maybe 120hz for supported tv (just a thought not sure). Picture in 60hz is more smoother than 50hz especially the motion.

For +hd box , I would suggest people to use cinema mode or calibrated only in tv picture settings instead of other modes like dynamic/standard/natural/sports etc, colors are true to natural like binge+, in some cases even better.. set digital noise reduction and noise reduction to medium.

Sound quality:
The hd channels audio quality is much in +hd box than binge+ ..audio has more clarity in +hd box
But in binge+ once you set audio to use Dolby, you get Dolby encoded audio in all channels even sd channels while in +hd box, for sd channels it is switching to pcm and for hd channels it is switching to dd/dd+..that being said +hd box audio sounds better....another thing I observed, in binge+ box you can control volume of both hd and sd channels but in +hd box you can't control hd channel volume...tataplay need to fix this , even hd boxes has this issue...no doubt in pcm mode it works , but why should we prefer pcm over Dolby.

UI:
Epg is binge+ is more informative than +hd box, also I observed there is delay in channel switching in both boxes but in binge+ box , if internet is connected there is much more lag... Post powering on, the epg in binge+ box takes around 10-15 mins while in +hd box it takes maybe 1-2 mins....the epg in +hd box is outdated, they should update it .

Feature:
Main usp of +hd box is recording, one can record 3 shows at once and watch it later ad-free by skipping ads while in binge+ you need internet plus it is very laggy like I said earlier .

Final verdict
If you want to use ott buy a dedicated device like firestick or mi box etc..with binge+ box you can't enjoy both whereas people using normal hd boxes and have 4k tv with screen larger than 50inch, should upgrade to +hd box or binge+ box because both boxes supports 1080p and provides superior picture quality ..I easily say picture quality in these boxes is 40% better than normal hd box it might be because these boxes are paid boxes and have better image processor whereas hd box are free boxes these days and not only this theoretically 1080p = 2 x 1080i

Choose wisely!

Last edited:
How is possible to getting DD+ sond quality in sd channels using binge+ boxes?

I didn't get Paid and free box thing...can u elaborate?
For new customers, Normally HD Boxes come with this 100% cashback plan of Rs.3000 that offers everything free (STB, ODU and LNB). Also there are many box-only offers where you get what you paid as a wallet balance. Pay Rs.2500 and Get Rs.3000 as a balance. In these plans, the STB is practically free. However, for HD+ and Binge Android boxes, you need to pay an upgrade fee/new purchase.

For new customers, Normally HD Boxes come with this 100% cashback plan of Rs.3000 that offers everything free (STB, ODU and LNB). Also there are many box-only offers where you get what you paid as a wallet balance. Pay Rs.2500 and Get Rs.3000 as a balance. In these plans, the STB is practically free. However, for HD+ and Binge Android boxes, you need to pay an upgrade fee/new purchase.
Binge also has this kind of offer at 6k i guess..

How is possible to getting DD+ sond quality in sd channels using binge+ boxes?
Its kind of encoding the signal to dd with slight increase of quality..like how it works in tv wherein if you can select the digital output to dd,dd+ , it outputs dd signal and the receiver (soundbar) treat it as dd

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock