Discussion How much are you willing to pay for channels?

If this is so then why Sony SD HD etc have same price... This is called random pricing...
Flagship channels will always be priced ₹22 for both SD and HD. Non-flagship channels may have a lower price for the SD version than the HD one.

If this is so then why Sony SD HD etc have same price... This is called random pricing...
This looks part of strategy so that the HD customer should not go for SD channel finding it less price and should not kill HD channels. Most of the sports channels are priced like that. Also operators and broadcasters should not face a loss with people not subscribing HD channels. This is my view there may be other reasons too.

Bad strategy than. HD bouquets just don't cost ₹20 - ₹30 more than it's SD variant. In most cases big broadcasters are charging atleast the double the amount than of SD bouquet. Except for the English GECs. I avoid going for most HD bouquet. Mind you that all channels I buy is in HD except for news channels and Sony Pal. I never go for any SD channel. It makes no sense paying over ₹100. ₹60 - ₹70 is reasonable. HD bouquets mostly exhaust the 200 slots. Than we are required to pay extra ₹20 for additional channel slots.

Bad strategy than. HD bouquets just don't cost ₹20 - ₹30 more than it's SD variant. In most cases big broadcasters are charging atleast the double the amount than of SD bouquet. Except for the English GECs. I avoid going for most HD bouquet. Mind you that all channels I buy is in HD except for news channels and Sony Pal. I never go for any SD channel. It makes no sense paying over ₹100. ₹60 - ₹70 is reasonable. HD bouquets mostly exhaust the 200 slots. Than we are required to pay extra ₹20 for additional channel slots.
English bouquets are overall in low price

Zee network does that everywhere
Many get demotivated to take hd version bcuz of this
True. We all can buy a HD channel in Rs1 as we can't eat it but can see good food cooking 😁 similarly I subscribed WION only because they show genuine news.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock