Discussion How strong concept Star India shows are?

• Thread starter hike
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 61
  • Views: Views 5,007
I watch only Zindagi Mere Ghar Aana from Starplus and i feel it deserved primetime slot.

Anupama is the only good show and rest others are cringe this is what i feel. So when a channel air only 1/2 good shows and rest others are like hundred years old content then i dont feel that channel is doing any good in terms of content atleast.

Internet has some good family centric shows though like Yeh Meri Family, Gullak, Panchayat etc.
You do realise that they are all produced by TVF, right? TVF knows very well how to make great shows that connect with OTT audiences. Look out for Kota Factory Season 2, releasing later this month on Netflix.
I have watched TBBT, The Office and now watch random episodes in between. Will plan to watch more in future.
Western sitcoms like Friends and TBBT are by nature non-continuous. An episode is self-complete and new viewers can follow a random episode easily. That’s not the case for Indian sitcoms. TMKOC could reach 3000 episodes only because of dragging.

Whole question is messed up. On one hand you're asking about how strong their concepts are and you're also giving examples of saas bahu shows.

bE0QJyn.jpg
I'm saying that how much these shows are potentially strong? That their re-run is getting good numbers? And stop mentioning tv shows on gender basis, and you also know Indian tv shows also have good concept but those doens't get good TRP on TV.

Western sitcoms like Friends and TBBT are by nature non-continuous. An episode is self-complete and new viewers can follow a random episode easily. That’s not the case for Indian sitcoms. TMKOC could reach 3000 episodes only because of dragging.
There is so much that can be done with TMKOC. Makers are not doing anything. Even my neighbourhood's Popatlal got married. Yet, the TV's version is still getting conned by women. Also Champaklal matured without any explanation.

these shows are potentially strong? That their re-run is getting good numbers?
What exactly you meant with strong? Story wise strong or filled with lot of drama so that even during the re run aunties watch it.
And stop mentioning tv shows on gender basis, and you also know Indian tv shows also have good concept but those doens't get good TRP on TV.
Nah. It's not on gender. It's more masses vs classes. And more of these mass viewers are housewives.

What exactly you meant with strong? Story wise strong or filled with lot of drama so that even during the re run aunties watch it.
Obviously Drama wise
Nah. It's not on gender. It's more masses vs classes. And more of these mass viewers are housewives.
So that masses which was used to watch Star One shows now become aunties they are even watching these shows? When will time came when shows with good concept score good?

If we are discussing concept I think Sony always had the strongest concept shows. They experiment with everything. Be it with historical dramas, 90s based period dramas and shows about women empowerment. Heck, I have even seen them make shows that brings faith inside people. Unfortunately, these doesn't draws much ratings. This is why Zee and Star are always at Top.

This is one confusing thread. Is this about strong concept shows or Star scoring huge rating from decade old re-run shows?
And if so what's the discussion. It's been a well known fact that Indian mass audience only loved these dramatic shows and it won't change anytime soon.

STAR also tried with good shows but they also got it won't work. Now the trend is to remake same story across languages or make season2 of past shows where there's no connection between season1 and 2 just like those south Indian film sequals.

We are fortunate enough that we have OTT platforms to survive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock