How to configure Tata Sky on a Videocon DDB TV

I think only option is try connecting tata sky SD stb with AV cables if it goes then it will surely work o. HDMI inputs from any DTH stb.

I don't think DDB TV will block any external inputs

And I confirmed from next store u cant use any other VC card except given with TV.

Forget about other d2h vc or other DTH vc card

No trial needed

Videocon uses Irdeto 2 as encryption system where tatasky uses NDS Videogaurd so i dont think it will possible and if it is tatasky not provide CAMs to use there card on anyother box.

Only think you can do is buy new tatasky box and plug it to your videocon ddb tv's hdmi/av-in port. videocon ddb tv have these ports.

dipayan said:
So question is :
Will Tatasky smart card works with DDB TV by directly inserting in TV instead of Tatasky STB ? Anybody have any answer

No it does not at the moment as tie up to allow usage of smart card in ddb way is only with d2h. In future it may work with other dth as well as ddb as such is generic. But right now this way only d2h works.

Thanks for all your input guys. here are some more things from my side:

- Its a gifted tv and have no choice but to keep it :lol
- YES it has an inbuilt STB; you do not need an external one. Basically i insert the card directly into the tv itself and believe you me the quality is awesome. Better than my neighbors bravia :D
more details of the tv here: 106.68cm (42) Series 3 DDB LED TV
- currently Videocon D2h card is used and the pic quality is superb but the sw used by videcon is childish and very laggy (and thus the move to tatasky)

Now coming back to the HDMI suggestion some of you have mentioned:

if using hdmi rather than the using the card directly will there be any loss of picture quality ?

Paras Rajora said:
Videocon uses Irdeto 2 as encryption system where tatasky uses NDS Videogaurd so i dont think it will possible and if it is tatasky not provide CAMs to use there card on anyother box.

Only think you can do is buy new tatasky box and plug it to your videocon ddb tv's hdmi/av-in port. videocon ddb tv have these ports.

Ahh! thats what i was looking for.. now i know why they dont want to go through the hassle of performing the setup on my box. But yes ill try to get in touch to a Technical guy (lol hell yea even tatasky CEO will do) and ask him to get it done via his own technician to safeguard their software secrecy.

Thanks for this tip :clap

Well if the STB is paired with TV then u cant run any other DTH even its same Irdeto encryption like RDTV . U try connecting a DVD/CD Player to TV . is there Composite/componant or HDMI options available in TV? if so try any one of them .. if it works then u can get any other DTH STB working .

Yes right if dvd player can be connected then any set up box can be connected via HDMI

Re: RE: How to configure Tata Sky on a Videocon DDB TV

dreamer123 said:
Thanks for all your input guys. here are some more things from my side:

- Its a gifted tv and have no choice but to keep it :lol
- YES it has an inbuilt STB; you do not need an external one. Basically i insert the card directly into the tv itself and believe you me the quality is awesome. Better than my neighbors bravia :D
more details of the tv here: 106.68cm (42) Series 3 DDB LED TV
- currently Videocon D2h card is used and the pic quality is superb but the sw used by videcon is childish and very laggy (and thus the move to tatasky)

Now coming back to the HDMI suggestion some of you have mentioned:

if using hdmi rather than the using the card directly will there be any loss of picture quality ?

No loss in PQ if u connect stb using HDMI.

U have problem with D2h software which is stored on STB attached with TV. So changing card will not solve it. So if u want to remove it then I think u have to use external TS STB and connect it using HDMI.

Thanks for all the input guyz. after much deliberation im stuck with sad d2h ...
Moral of the story: Using external connectivity (a/v, hdmi cables) defeats the purpose of having an inbuilt satellite receiver .. so its time to say tata to taaata sky ...
(i still think phillips DDB are not so tightly coupled with one particular d2h manufacturer .. so others tempted to buy such tvs.. my recommendation check out phillips too..)

but i need to mention this... to my surprise... just received a call from a TS rep saying that they are willing to transfer my acc. balance to a relative/friend using TS. ! Kudos to them for this!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock