How to connect Tata Sky HD set top box to my creative 5.1 sound system?

sachu21

Reaction score
How to connect Tata Sky HD set top box to my creative 5.1 sound system?

I have a creative 5.1 sound system.
It has only analogue type of input only. I meant to say it doesnt have any optical or coaxial input.

Im planning to buy Tata sky HD connection. I don't think that, that STB will be having a sound output that suits my present sound system.

My queries are.
1. How do i connect the STB of Tata sky to my present 5.1 sound speaker system. I mean are there any decoders available. What will be the approximate cost of such decoders?
2. Is Tata sky the best one in terms of sound and picture clarity?
3. Is there any actual use by connecting a 5.1 or 7.1 speaker system to DTH set top boxes? I mean are they actually transmitting 7.1 dolby channels as the advertise or are they fooling us?
Thank u:)

1. First of all it is not possible to produce true 5.1 sound output (which is a digital format) if it has only analog input.
2. Tata sky is surely "one of the best" in terms of sound and picture clarity
3. TataSky certainly gives 5.1 DD sound on its HD Channels.

Since you already have speakers with you, I would say you can go for the first one.

Second one may not match with your speakers as the AVR and your speakers may not be compatible.

But, ask all these questions (regarding compatibility with your speakers etc) to the dealer before purchasing.

You could also think of buying a full fledged Home theater system if you have budget of 20K or so (definitely better option than choosing option 2) and selling your creative system on olx if you have no other use of it :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock