how to make 6 feet c band dish?

Lack of tools is the cause for my low performance dish. We require power tools, welding machine, then only we can make what we want with skill. We should take training in using them, and training in welding. It can also be done by Computer numeric control 2 or 3 axis milling, lathe etc, then accuracy can be maintained.

Choosing materials is important, i made mistake by choosing the iron flats for ribs, they are patala and swinging when wind blows. Make ribs with square tube for long ones and use the ring around for making them be in a single circular plane and in curve and does not fall low because of their weight. All cost went up for the welder, drilling. Each hole is Rs 5/- for drilling. For drilling alone its 500/-. So if we have those machines, we can reduce the cost very much.

Why the dishes only available in major cities? I want the dishes also available here in my city. But they are not available, so i got very frustrated and made a dish myself.

Thank you, i should make modifications to it and make the efficiency higher and should receive all the channels. It will be helpful for anyone who want to make their own dish, if they have the required tools. then no need to pay huge amount of money for shipping. Also will be useful for experimenting.

i have seen an old 6 feet c band dish in my area its ribs are of aluminium square tubes and they are dented in some places and its mesh fuly vanishd so how much should i give him maximum for dish?

Post the dish picture. Then can estimate. Also you should re mesh it or repair it, without any bumps for good signal, the ribs should not bend out of the curve. Then only purchase it otherwise no.

srinivas i see your video and like your experiment
in my case first i made 12 feet dish with .50 fd ratio
dish made 100% accurate but problum ku band need .6 fd ratio and signal not good in ku
i change dish in .65 fd ratio but ribs not accurate with hammer so signal not good
i learn a lesson in case
always made dish with .38-.43 fd ratio and minimum 36 ribs
your c band signal 100% full and if you want ku band signal use primefous ku flenge lnb
bbut this l;nb cost 5000-6000 indian rupees
this idea give you 100% better signal than any special ku band dish like jams

Yes you are right Amrinder, dth lnb doesnot perform fully with 0.38 - 0.43 f/d ratio prime focus dish, There will be special feed called chapparal feed for it, which is built for prime focus dish, as you said above. Thank you for sharing your experience, which will be helpful for all.

Red oxide coat before painting with white enamel.

M.aspx

M.aspx

M.aspx

M.aspx

M.aspx

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock