DDF Exclusive Hungama HD Applied For Trademark Registration

@Vadirocks had posted in the trademarks thread only. One of the mods pulled it to a new thread. The team knows what it is doing; a new thread was created because this seems to be an important piece of news.
Wouldn't every trademark application be an important piece of news then? What makes only this trademark important and all the others un-important?

Wouldn't every trademark application be an important piece of news then? What makes only this trademark important and all the others un-important?
The DDF staff thought that the launch of a new kids' HD channel is going to be very important, because there are very few kids' HD channels in India. There are 3 main broadcasters (Viacom18, Turner and Disney). The first two have Nick HD+ and CN HD+. Only Disney was left. Now it is trying to jump on the kids' HD bandwagon, not with the Disney brand but with the Hungama brand.

The DDF staff thought that the launch of a new kids' HD channel is going to be very important, because there are very few kids' HD channels in India. There are 3 main broadcasters (Viacom18, Turner and Disney). The first two have Nick HD+ and CN HD+. Only Disney was left. Now it is trying to jump on the kids' HD bandwagon, not with the Disney brand but with the Hungama brand.
With Disney Brand also they're coming up bro .. as Disney Channel HD :tup:
DDF Exclusive - Registered Trademarks For Indian TV Channels

If they plan to replace already existing channels with Disney HD and Hungama HD, then the likely replacement channel are BabyTV HD, Disney International HD, UTV HD, and lastly Marvel HQ.

If they plan to replace already existing channels with Disney HD and Hungama HD, then the likely replacement channel are BabyTV HD, Disney International HD, UTV HD, and lastly Marvel HQ.
Why Baby TV HD is allowed to run (despite Nat Geo People and Music being kicked out of India) is a mystery. It must leave immediately. All it shows is nursery rhymes or some sort of let's-play videos that can be got from YouTube or even your child's playschool.

OTOH, DI HD is not a children's channel but an English GEC, and it has found a niche with its programming. Killing it will be like the way Sony Rox HD was killed: a popular brand among the youth, but brought to its death too soon.

UTV HD may or may not continue depending on the strategy of Disney/Star. It is playing the role in Star that &pictures HD plays for Zee.

I think Disney has too many kids' channels (4). I think Disney Junior can get the axe. Hungama HD and/or Disney Channel HD can replace Disney Junior; Marvel HQ is not such a wise idea as it recently (January) rebranded from Disney XD.

UTV HD will stay on, Baby TV HD and Marvel HQ will most likely be on its way out. Disney International might continue or get converted into a New Movie or Entertainment Channel. Also expecting shut down of few regional sports channels.

After Star India tookover Disney and Hungama r performing badly interms of ratings. They made changes in content when it was not needed and for no actual reason kept them out of Star India bouquets. Even Hungama has high blackness level issue along with Bindass but they have let it remain for almost an year now.

Why Baby TV HD is allowed to run (despite Nat Geo People and Music being kicked out of India) is a mystery. It must leave immediately. All it shows is nursery rhymes or some sort of let's-play videos that can be got from YouTube or even your child's playschool.

OTOH, DI HD is not a children's channel but an English GEC, and it has found a niche with its programming. Killing it will be like the way Sony Rox HD was killed: a popular brand among the youth, but brought to its death too soon.

UTV HD may or may not continue depending on the strategy of Disney/Star. It is playing the role in Star that &pictures HD plays for Zee.

I think Disney has too many kids' channels (4). I think Disney Junior can get the axe. Hungama HD and/or Disney Channel HD can replace Disney Junior; Marvel HQ is not such a wise idea as it recently (January) rebranded from Disney XD.

Nick Jr., Baby TV, Disney Junior has an audience but a minute one, toddlers watch it but as we know their TV time is quite little. I think they should be continued bcoz it adds a different appeal to bouquet. Not always TRP or revenue r key factors, sometimes catering to a particular audience is more important. If broadcaster has hold over a genre then no harm in providing it to viewers

I am not even sure if Disney HD or Hungama HD will launch in coming months or put on hold like Star Movies Kids, SS Malyalam, etc. I do hope they rebrand bindass into a nice music channel and bring back Nat Geo People. Also i anticipate that a HD channel for dubbed hollywood movies will surely come and UTV Action SD will be rebranded alongside this

All I want is that if Disney is going so far to bring a dedicated Hungama HD channel, they should bring back old classics like Detective Conan, Kochikame, Being Ian, Are you afraid of the dark, Backyard Science, etc and bring back the old charm. They should also add new shows that quiet match up the old genre of shows.

Cause let’s be honest kids at 13-16 age group won’t get to say much with channel choice, so it’s direct subscribers would be 1980s - 1990s kids who are grown up now or are married, and might even have children. They need to understand that and target the channels accordingly. Otherwise, it would be an utter failure.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock