Breaking IBF Moves SC Against Bombay HC Verdict on NTO 2.0

The broadcasters will make sure, dpo packs gets discounted price so all their low priced channels are included.

In other words, if u choose ala carte, u end up getting only those channels. But if you choose DPO packs, u get ala carte + other low priced channels at same cost.

Your total monthly bill will be NCF + Ala carte of ur channels. low priced channels will come as discount by DPO

Broadcasters cannot give more than 15% discount in price of combined standalone chs when these r part of bouquet . Operators too have some capping in discounts hence overall high priced chs cannot b well accommodated in DPO packs right now

Broadcasters are in big tension,they were selling lowest priced packs because Zee,Sony,Colour and Star Plus was part of their most popular packs,they are in tension now who will buy these pack without main popular channel and if lowest priced pack is not selling what they will do to sell them,they may have to think and change their strategy and I think Sony and Zee will be first to reduce thier SD channel price from Rs 23/24 to Rs19 or may be 12 who knows,TRAI gamble is very far reaching affect on all of them,and it will happen within 6 to 8 months
Why broadcasters are in tension explained by experts of reputed web site money control Tough Times Ahead For Broadcasters Like Zee, Sun TV As NTO 2.0 May See The Light Of Day

Very sad time for consumers. TRAI just help broadcasters to do a loot on consumers.
No sad time,it is a game between broadcasters and TRAI where TRAI has started winning and in long run consumers will be benefited,just bad time for broadcasters as we see Sony Zee merging due to lot of revenue loss to both of them due to NTO 1.0,this NTO 2.0 will further reduce profit of broadcasters they will decide to merger as thier revenues are squeezing,when revenue are reducing we are moving towards lower tarrif structure in long run,today we see high price of single channel but in long run this channel may be available at 50 percent of cost,it is available today

When NCF changes implemented, no one providing 200 fta channels, TRAI rules only in the paper
Rule is to provide 200 SD channels in the initial NCF slab and everyone is giving that, it's up to customers whether they want to subscribe that many channels or not. TRAI cannot force operators to add new channels.

This is my subscription on Tata Sky, at same 153 NCF I am getting 364 SD and 22 HD channels.
hcs8oji.jpg

Rule is to provide 200 SD channels in the initial NCF slab and everyone is giving that, it's up to customers whether they want to subscribe that many channels or not. TRAI cannot force operators to add new channels.

This is my subscription on Tata Sky, at same 153 NCF I am getting 364 SD and 22 HD channels.
hcs8oji.jpg
Month lly bill rate

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock