India has a special place in my heart: Swank

Reaction score
Oscar winner Hilary Swank got a thunderous applause when she greeted spectators at the IIFA awards ceremony here with a "Namaste" and said India held a special place in her heart.

The Hollywood actress was the most unexpected celebrity at the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards ceremony in Toronto.

The American, who accompanied Slumdog Millionaire actor Anil Kapoor to present the best actor award to Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan, said: "Namaste Toronto! Namaste India! Namaste world!"

"India has a very special place in my heart. Bollywood has been bringing two worlds together. It really makes us believe in the IIFA philosophy of 'One People. One World.' IIFA truly rocks," she added.

Swank, who looked simple yet stunning in a deep pink and long gown, presented the award to Shah Rukh for his performance in Karan Johar's My Name Is Khan.

The Badshah of Bollywood, as Shah Rukh is known, appreciated the actress for her heartwarming "Namaste".

"It feels great to be presented an award by two of the most respected actors in the world - Slumdog Millionaire Anil Kapoor, and of course, Hilary Swank," Shah Rukh told the audience at the Roger's Centre here.

To Swank, SRK said: "I love the way you say 'Namaste'... it will be a fond memory."

Before the awards function kickstarted, Swank also had a brief brush with the media at the green carpet.

"I love all kinds of cinema and from all the countries. I think Bollywood films are a lot of fun and passionate. I'm excited to be at IIFA," she said.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Discussion Doordarshan has 3 HD Channels : DD National HD , DD News HD and DD India HD General DTH News & Discussions 4
Deepu Darling DDF Exclusive India news punjab has been removed Airtel Digital TV 3
Deepu Darling DDF Exclusive India news UP UK has been removed Airtel Digital TV 6
Neel Good News D2H has Reduced SD and HD STB price in India by Rs 100/- d2h (formerly Videocon d2h) 1
Mercy Tv Good News Mercy Tv has Launched in India Satellite Channels Updates 1
Deepu Darling DDF Exclusive India watch has been removed from adtv Airtel Digital TV 2
Manu Colors tv has 2 different feed in India??? TV Channels News 6
jakab Breaking Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has entrusted Broadcast Engineering Consultants India Ltd (BECIL) to carry out an audit of direct-to-home General DTH News & Discussions 0
Rom1moR India Ahead has added on LCN : 775.... Dish TV 9
Deepu Darling Breaking India Voice & Sarv Dharam Sangam Has Been Added. Airtel Digital TV 11
manojddfd All India Radio (AIR) has earned gross advertising revenue of about Rs 186 crore General DTH News & Discussions 2
Sagar 4 Annual Variants of My 99 Base Pack, for South-India has been launched Tata Sky 20
R The Jungle Book has completed 100 days in India, grossed Rs 260 crore Hollywood 0
R Anurag Kashyap Has Bag The Rights To Recreate India 1st Cricket WC Victory On Screen Bollywood 0
Thakur India has 890 TV channels against 12th Plan target of 1500 TV Channels News 0
Ashwani Jindal India Has Pay 269 Channels; DD Free Dish eyes 250 Channels TV Channels News 4
Adithya Vikram Q1-2016: Affirmation that DTH in India has turned the corner? General DTH News & Discussions 0
Adithya Vikram Q1-2016: Affirmation that DTH in India has turned the corner? General DTH News & Discussions 1
Thakur Q1-2016: Affirmation that DTH in India has turned the corner? General DTH News & Discussions 4
Thakur India has 832 TV channels as MIB issues six new licences TV Channels News 3
Dileep Kumar India has 186 pay TV channels, says TRAI TV Channels News 4
S AXN HD has been launched in India TV Channels News 4
Dileep Kumar Tata Sky has announced its plans to launch 4kset top boxes in India by Tata Sky 6
JitendraKumar Sharekhan has come out with its report on Dish TV India. Dish TV 1
abhi1276 India has 833 private TV channels TV Channels News 5