Info required on FTA Dish, STB etc. in Mumbai

Ankur Kushalka said:
Hi Vinay,

I have a large Balcony facing direct North and Window facing South. Will this direction help? - Yes the window facing South will help. You can track satellites Insat 4CR (EduSat), AsiaSat 3S, ABS1 and Insat4B easily with little adjustments. Installing dish in window/balcony needs no permission as per my building committee. Check the rules once before starting.

Secondly, do I need to go for full HD (Solid 3000) or the one you mentioned is good enough? SOLID HDS2 3000 is better than 2100 if readily available. Beware of duplicates. Check at Sanjay Electronics, Grant Road(East)

Also, I forgot to ask for recording feature, can we get a DVR inbuilt / any other way? Yes original SOLID HD boxes have a USB slot to record on an external USB drive.

Hi vinay... Correct me if i am wrong.
In the very first post, member has told he like to watch different channels on different TVs. Now my question is, can he watch different programs using just 1 STB.

mmadhankumar said:
Hi vinay... Correct me if i am wrong.
In the very first post, member has told he like to watch different channels on different TVs. Now my question is, can he watch different programs using just 1 STB.

You are right Madhan.
No watching different channels on different TVs at the same time with a single STB is not possible. Thats why I have recommended 1 STB per TV in my reply

Ankur Kushalka said:
I have 5 TV's and if possible would like to connect all to access different channels at the same time.

For this he needs different stb's...

Is it good to have one LNB with four output to connect 4 STB's or just one output and then split it to 4 to connect to 4 STB's?

Ankur Kushalka said:
Is it good to have one LNB with four output to connect 4 STB's or just one output and then split it to 4 to connect to 4 STB's?

Hi Ankur,

It is better to have single LNB with 4 outputs (Quad LNB) only when the distance between set-top box is not too much like in balcony installations etc because there will be 4 wires running across the length. Else its better to have a single output LNB connected to many set-top boxes by splitters.

Quad LNBs are costlier and rare than normal single LNBs.

Ankur, you can start with a minimal hardware setup (one 60cm dish, Ku-band LNB, MPEG4 set-top box) in the South side window of your home as shown in the pic below to catch some free channels from Satellite ABS1 and Insat 4CR (Edusat).
You can use a Satellite Finder to help you easily catch the available beams near your window.

Once you get sufficient tuning practice you can change the dish alignment as needed.

oIB0Q.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock