Discussion Is it right time for broadcasters to launch 4K TV channels?

Should broadcasters start offering 4K channels now in 2020?

• Total voters
All leading broadcaster's channels should atleast come forward and launch 4K channels and trai should come forward to regulate their prices
4K Rs 50
HD Rs 20
SD Rs 10

All leading broadcaster's channels should atleast come forward and launch 4K channels and trai should come forward to regulate their prices
4K Rs 50
HD Rs 20
SD Rs 10
TRAI should never regulate pricing. Let government control pricing of daily essentials which are dynamic and ridiculously priced. Leave entertainment to industry experts.

Not even sure if any Hindi Entertainment channels are shooting content in 4K or not. But yes, Infotainment and Sports are already available globally in 4K. I can also see some torrents related to english tv shows available in 4K, but given the low reception of such channels (SD and HD), it is highly unlikely to launch in India

4K Rs 50
HD Rs 20
SD Rs 10
according to TRAI, any Network can charge any cost for their channels, it's upto broadcasters.
But can't offer any channels in any bouquets!

I think News Channels are more entertaining there. So many funny things keep happening there. I remember watching in India TV or Zee News. They were showing how humerous Pakistani News anchors are. They are more like comedians. There is an anchor in BOL News, who is famous for his humourous new reporting.
The Pakistani news anchors were not only comedians they also fight between anchoring. I watched a YouTube video where 2 pakistani news anchors were fighting orally. A male anchor was abusing a female anchor.
Here's my list. Based on content. Most are not actual channels yet.
Sony BBC Earth 4K
National Geographic 4K
Sony Sports 4K
Star Sports 4K
Hollywood Flix 4K (Pay Per View Service)
Bollywood Flix 4K (Pay Per View Service)
I personally want
Disney Channel 4K
Hunguma 4K
MTV Beats 4K

Last edited:
The anchors were not only comedians they also fight between anchoring. I watched a YouTube video where 2 pakistani news anchors were fighting orally. A male anchor was abusing a female anchor.

I personally want
Disney Channel 4K
Hunguma 4K
MTV Beats 4K
Abusing female anchors is very common there.

I don't see requirements of 4K to news or general entertainment.
One good infotainment channel is required to show all content from food to nature. From modern marvels to ancient history.
Its confounding how there's no actual Indian-origin channel which has ever made such shows considering we are in freaking INDIA which has the most interesting of histories, critical yet liberal religions, marvellous architecture, great scientific achievements of the ancient world and plenty of animals in nature. This is a shame.

Wild Karnataka, which is fully funded by the state's resorts, corporates, miners, etc and frankly looks amazing is finally coming to theaters this week with David Attenborough's narration.

Source

I honestly doubt, the current broad casters tele cast true hd and 5.1 audio contents

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock