Is it worth to switch from D2H to Airtel HD+ ?

• Thread starter Thread starter Karthik291086
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 7
  • Views Views: Views 1,521

Karthik291086

Reaction score
Hello experts,

I have been using D2H for past 1 year (South platinum HD Annual Subscription Rs. 5404)

As the due date is nearing i am just thinking if it is good idea to switch to Airtel HD+

Overall i should say that i am satisfied with D2H so far and following are some of my experience

Pros

1. It was cost effective and offered many no. of channels so i never felt that i missed any so far

2. HD channels reception was good and i enjoyed watching all sports channels through out (especially last IPL in Sony Six HD which is still not available in Tata sky HD)

Cons

1. Initially SD Tamil channel quality looked bad when compared to my previous SCV box but with little tuning here and there quality seems improved or over the period of time i got used to it :-)

2. If it is cloudy or little rain then reception will become bad and gets disconnected often. The recovery time usually will be 10 to 15 min. It is little worse than the Sun DTH at my neighbors place.

3. Remote sometime becomes sluggish and has slow response time

Now annual recharge of D2H south platinum HD is Rs.5770 and that of Airtel HD+ South Mega pack is Rs. 5850

I was little excited with Airtel HD+ as it provides USB recording but one thing that i am concerned is no. of channels when compared to D2H. May be i need to check extensively what 200+ additional channels that D2H is providing when compared to Airtel.

Also is Tamil SD channels quality in Airtel is better than D2H ?

I use Samsung LED 80cm UA32EH4000 TV and a typical Chennaite who most of the time watches tamil and sports channels. Occasionally English and Hindi movies.

Awaiting for your valuable suggestion at the earliest !

Thanks,
Karthik

Quality wise, ADTV is better. Also, it has max. tamil channels.
H/W wise ADTV is d best, at par with TataSKy.
Interruptions during rain-- not sure.. :u

Pricing-- def. d2h is best in d mkt.
no. of HD channels -- d2h is quite ahead, 6 channels in testing also (although, dont know, when they'll add :hehe )

So, choice is urs n urs alone. :tup

Thanks for the quick reply.

What are those 6 HD channels in testing phase for d2h ? I wonder how d2h is quite ahead than airtel and tata sky in the no. of channels at less price ..

Is there anywhere in the forum i can find comparison between ADTV and D2H channels (at least Tamil channels) ?

Also is Airtel HD+ recording through USB is good (HD channels recording)?

Quality wise i am little skeptic though especially on the SD channels in my 32 inch TV. Do you think that i could notice major difference in that ?

all cons part will be covered and not much problem will exist in adtv, but thing is consider ts hd+

In my opinion cable connection is best and we can see almost all regional chnls . Also rate per month compared to dth is low.

Still cable digitization is yet to implement in Chennai properly so waiting for how it takes shape this year.. I have cable connection already for my 27 inch Toshiba LED TV :-) .. This i am managing it mainly as backup during rainy days ...

I always feel investing in HW with bulk price upfront saying future proof might not be correct as ever now and then they keep adding some features and do upgrade frequently .. So TataSky HD+ and Airtel HD DVR are costly for me currently ..

My Choices for next 1 year would be either of the below (on the order of priority as of now)

1. Continue with Videocon D2H HD
2. Airtel digital TV HD + (http://www.airtel.in/digital-tv/experience-it/dth-hd-Plus/)
3. Tata Sky HD
4. Sun Direct HD

My suggestion is to stick with d2h, I agree with shawl who bro that quality wise adtv is best but wait for some time bcoz I heard tata sky and dishtv is going to launch new series of dvr.

So wait for some time bro.

for quantity guys like you,videocon is best and cheep.videocon is best for 32" also.so stay with videocon.

Back
Top Bottom