DDF Exclusive Is Star Movies Select HD going to shut down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MN+ somehow may sustain as Times Group has focus and stronghold in English Movies, News Genre
I never liked this channel (Star Movies Select) as much as I liked Sony Le Plex HD, so I'm glad to see it go. But, until 2018, I always thought that the most successful niche HD Hollywood channel was SMS HD, followed by Le Plex HD, while MN+ HD (the oldest such channel) was badly struggling to keep up with these two and &privé HD. SMS, Le Plex and &privé HD had a continuous line of new premieres, but not MN+ HD. It's a shock that Le Plex HD got the axe (and now SMS HD) while MN+ HD is still running.

Count the number of times each of the four channels (including the shut-down channel) appears in this thread. MN+ hardly appears at all. DDF Exclusive - English Movies Premiere updates Remember that Times has FOUR English HD movie channels and if one of them is going to shut down, my money is on MN+ HD.
Already SGS HD has ditched Indie Cinema and airing regular bollywood movies.
Exactly the opposite. SGS has never shown Sanju, Stree or Badhaai Ho even once. Instead it was premiering indie films like Jhankaar Beats. In 2017, whatever was premiered on Star Plus/Gold would also be shown on SGS, like Kaabil and Tubelight (and even ghatiya movies like A Gentleman!). But this was not the case in 2018 (at least not after Baaghi 2).

Last edited:
Trai has done played very good game I apprec:clap2::clap2::clap2:iate them for this
SMS HD is completely waste channel
So many times watched it, not quality movies
Trai slapped all broadcasters correctly
They used to launch channels like pan shop
Simply to increase the price of base packs, expecting
Many of them shutdown soon
SMS would be a good alternative if you have only opted for Star's premium bouquet. If I pay for premium I need at least one alternative for everything. If I am bored of Star Gold. I can switch to SGS or Movies Ok. If I am bored of Star Movies. There won't be any alternative left for me to watch.

SMS would be a good alternative if you have only opted for Star's premium bouquet. If I pay for premium I need at least one alternative for everything. If I am bored of Star Gold. I can switch to SGS or Movies Ok. If I am bored of Star Movies. There won't be any alternative left for me to watch.
Alternative is kids movie which they planned to launch

Star Movies itself is a kids movie channel. The mostly air movies like Baby's Day Out, Home Alone and the typical Disney/Pixar animated movies.
Then go for times now bouquet
Watch MNX MN and RN

Star has recently surrendered one licence of Star Movies Select HD to MIB. Currently, there are no mention of Star Movies Select HD channel on MIB permitted channel list, but few days back, it was existed there. So, it seems, channel may go to shut their shop very soon.
No, Star hasn't surrendered this license, it is wrongly listed as SATR Movies Select HD
Screenshot-20190122-093120.png

Ohhhhhhh Hooooo!

Just Relax It's Not Shutting Down! Actually SMS HD Mispelled In MIB List

Satr Movies Select HD

MN+ HD also
Add WB in the list too. TRAI news rules are killer for TV channels with low viewership and subscription. Even i am feeling fear from big providers like Sony. Even theybare asking viewer through Amitab Bachan "You Love Me You Love Me Not".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock