Discussion Is Tata Sky an overrated DTH or is really good?

Is Tata Sky an overrated DTH

• Yes

• No

• Don't Know

Results are only viewable after voting.
There's no concept of NCF here. We can't select channels of our choice. We've to see what LCO is providing & everyone is happy with this as all are getting what they need. Earlier people used to pay 175 for all SD channels & when LCO hiked the price everyone bashed him. Here no one will pay 250-300 for TV. Only quantity matters, not quality.
Why would I lie? I don't use it so there's nothing to defend it. He's amplifier is in our campus so whenever he comes I ask him & he always forces me to take it's connection as it's cheaper than DTH.

Then what's the point if one cannot choose channels what they want. In that Rs 200 pack someone may want a channel not available in the lco offering.

And also it's against TRAI rules which says all service providers must offer ala carte, broadcasters Packs and DPO packs

There's no concept of NCF here. We can't select channels of our choice. We've to see what LCO is providing & everyone is happy with this as all are getting what they need. Earlier people used to pay 175 for all SD channels & when LCO hiked the price everyone bashed him. Here no one will pay 250-300 for TV. Only quantity matters, not quality.
Why would I lie? I don't use it so there's nothing to defend it. He's amplifier is in our campus so whenever he comes I ask him & he always forces me to take it's connection as it's cheaper than DTH.
Its surprising me bro, I thought that after TRAI's new rules DTH are good and all cable customers should move to DTH. But Im wrong still cable is cheap 👏

Its surprising me bro, I thought that after TRAI's new rules DTH are good and all cable customers should move to DTH. But Im wrong still cable is cheap 👏

It's against TRAI rules bro. Like that even DTH operators can give own customized packs not charging NCF. But it's against TRAI order.

Once TRAI does their auditing all these things will stop.

Then what's the point if one cannot choose channels what they want. In that Rs 200 pack someone may want a channel not available in the lco offering.

And also it's against TRAI rules which says all service providers must offer ala carte, broadcasters Packs and DPO packs
People are getting what they want. A general ROI viewer will not watch more than this. He keeps on changing the sports channels as per the programs & sometimes replaces with the english ones.
Overall, it's like analogue cable were you've to watch what your LCO provides.
I switched recently from DEN itself. There is indeed NCF and we have to select our channels/packs. Your lco is not transparent. Wonder how he's pulling it off since LCO's are asked by DEN to update their subscribers packages in their site which is mandatory. No LCO can escape this.
Earlier also package system was available but he used to offer all SD channels at 160/month & all SD+HD at 260. This is not only here, at many places people are not allowed to select their channels.
I don't think so
BTW what is complimentary how many channels in that
In d2h all fta r available with 153rs
Then how did you said that you're also getting 200 FTA channels for free?
@Anish Pai bro, is not paying a single penny for FTA channels. In Tata Sky & airtel, users get FTA channels for free.

Last edited:
@Choco7905 i'm not doubting you but it seems sketchy since DEN has the same policy in all the states that they operate. All SD & HD for 275? Damn. I was paying 460 before the regulations came into effect. It definitely seems to be a ghotala to me. Whatever is the case if people are happy then we can't do much about it.

@Choco7905 i'm not doubting you but it seems sketchy since DEN has the same policy in all the states that they operate. All SD & HD for 275? Damn. I was paying 460 before the regulations came into effect. It definitely seems to be a ghotala to me. Whatever is the case if people are happy then we can't do much about it.
One correction bro, earlier he used to provide all SD channels at 160 (175 is new rent) & when I asked (I've used it for 7 months due to it's cheap rates) CC about HD he said that, 'we don't know what your LCO charges you so, whatever you're paying now you just need to pay 100 more for HD' & when I confirmed with LCO he also said that HD is available at 260.
I also doubt this. Earlier also & now also. Did you filled any form for getting the connection like DTHs?

One correction bro, earlier he used to provide all SD channels at 160 (175 is new rent) & when I asked (I've used it for 7 months due to it's cheap rates) CC about HD he said that, 'we don't know what your LCO charges you so, whatever you're paying now you just need to pay 100 more for HD' & when I confirmed with LCO he also said that HD is available at 260.
I also doubt this. Earlier also & now also. Did you filled any form for getting the connection like DTHs?
In January they gave us the option of choosing channels either though whatsapp or forms. I moved to a new place last month and here it's only forms. It has too many pages and also missing a lot of bouquets which people don't seem to realise. In some cases getting bouquets is a cheaper option yet lco forces to get them as alacarte. I was fed up of this BS and said let's get TS. Incase i do get cable again for my 2nd tv which is a CRT, i'll only get the 153Rs base pack just for the sake of local channels.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock