Discussion Is Tata Sky an overrated DTH or is really good?

Is Tata Sky an overrated DTH

• Yes

• No

• Don't Know

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes, Tata Sky is overrated. There is only one true English music channel 9XO. It's not available on so called premium platform. I know VH1 and VH1 HD are their. But they are mostly entertainment channel with music and sports in between.
Edit : And there is no such thing called premium dth and cable brands in India when you got stupid watermark on your screens.

Last edited:
I also want to make another point. I was hell-bent on sticking to cable as long as i could. But the time was it and i decided to move on because Tata Sky is the best option for me. This is my review and the pros and cons are my personal ones that i felt and experienced. If they feel i am a Tata Sky dealer i request then to check all my posts before i booked TS. I never even participated in other DTH threads. I was restricting myself to cable. If people don't want to open their eyes they're free to close it and sleep. What else can i say? Moreover unlike those who only experienced one DTH brand before i have had 2 now and also my relatives have D2h so I have only compared it with what i could.

Well, i have all 3 kinds of Tata Sky STB, 2 D2h connections which include DDB and HD Box and two more airtel hd connections. Have used each of them for longest time and my views r based not only using them but host of other things. Been a member and avid learner i have gone deep into knowing how mix of factors work in suiting one's liking or how operators package their product. There r people who will be extremely happy with Free Dish while many will be hoping Tata Sky to provide features of Sky UK and operators decide on policies based on target group or other strategical decisions.

Here people want best hardware, software, service at cheapest cost which is impossible task. Tata Sky has a great brand value and was able to provide better value add on bcoz of premium base sticking with them providing higher revenue or even regular people staying with them for trust in Tata Brand. Now if airtel used to increase prices then people complained of them being costly and mind u increase was of just few rupees, if airtel wanted to come at par then they needed money which was far lesser due to lower premium subscriber base. D2h was leading and did most things right until dish tookover and tumbled momentum resulting in downward spiral which continues...

Well, i have all 3 kinds of Tata Sky STB, 2 D2h connections which include DDB and HD Box and two more airtel hd connections. Have used each of them for longest time and my views r based not only using them but host of other things. Been a member and avid learner i have gone deep into knowing how mix of factors work in suiting one's liking or how operators package their product. There r people who will be extremely happy with Free Dish while many will be hoping Tata Sky to provide features of Sky UK and operators decide on policies based on target group or other strategical decisions.

Here people want best hardware, software, service at cheapest cost which is impossible task. Tata Sky has a great brand value and was able to provide better value add on bcoz of premium base sticking with them providing higher revenue or even regular people staying with them for trust in Tata Brand. Now if airtel used to increase prices then people complained of them being costly and mind u increase was of just few rupees, if airtel wanted to come at par then they needed money which was far lesser due to lower premium subscriber base. D2h was leading and did most things right until dish tookover and tumbled momentum resulting in downward spiral which continues...
Airtel has a logo which is very distracting and big imo. Can't speak about PQ and other services. That alone is a deal breaker for me. Also, even ADTV subscribers themselves say TS has a better customer service. That is a good enough reason to get TS.

Yes, Tata Sky is overrated. There is only one true English music channel 9XO. It's not available on so called premium platform. I know VH1 and VH1 HD are their. But they are mostly entertainment channel with music and sports in between.
Edit : And there is no such thing called premium dth and cable brands in India when you got stupid watermark on your screens.
I want to know one thing and no offence intended. Why did you order Tata Sky twice previously? Once from the site and once through Amazon when you clearly know they won't add 9XO since there is really no demand for the channel. If i didn't get the channels i wanted i wouldn't bother checking their site, let alone book them.

Airtel has a logo which is very distracting and big imo. Can't speak about PQ and other services. That alone is a deal breaker for me. Also, even ADTV subscribers themselves say TS has a better customer service. That is a good enough reason to get TS.

It's alright bro, enjoy tata sky. No one has issues with it. I am using airtel right now and do not face any major issue or need to contact customer care. Even when i do experience is good. They have improved on self care, features etc. too. Picture, Audio has always been excellent while hardware or software is at par with Tata Sky in segments they have presence in. Hardly has few HD channels missing which will be added real soon. I am satisfied with airtel.

I do use Tata Sky at some intervals but their certain policies like overspending on lavish ads rather than passing benefits to us or not adding certain channels to favour in house service channels or other broadcasters make me unhappy. They did not even pass GST benefit when it was implemented and previous tariff rules were applicable. Airtel passed it on within days... List is endless hence i said my liking or dislike is based on large no. of reasons

I want to know one thing and no offence intended. Why did you order Tata Sky twice previously? Once from the site and once through Amazon when you clearly know they won't add 9XO since there is really no demand for the channel. If i didn't get the channels i wanted i wouldn't bother checking their site, let alone book them.
For secondary connection. I have 3 TV's. I buy anything if I get at discounted price. Just today morning I bought Nivea creams. I don't even use Nivea.

He will net let u know but let me put truth on the table. He ordered to make u happy and elated by strengthening ur belief that Tata Sky is best. He will not admit as it is not in his nature to boast about good deeds but in real ur happiness gave him immense pleasure. :)

For secondary connection. I have 3 TV's. I buy anything if I get at discounted price. Just today morning I bought Nivea creams. I don't even use Nivea.

Bhai r u having some secret adda or shop where u later sell these items to regular people and earn profit out of it. Ur comments r making me feel so specially why u would buy Nivea Cremè when u don't even use it. Will u gift it to someone "special"?

Let me put it this way:

People who use Tata Sky feel premium by seeing the quality, sales, after sales, service, etc. (cant put all points).
The same people then rate Tata Sky high and also recommend it to their relatives and friends.

So conclusion is, Tata Sky is rated High as its that Good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock