Discussion Is Tata Sky an overrated DTH or is really good?

Is Tata Sky an overrated DTH

• Yes

• No

• Don't Know

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hope that now discussion will not take a new turn based on my above comments.
Bro you are silently putting ghee on heavy fire and asking not to burn it further.:blush2:

On a serious note:
If you guys remember, when Tata Sky got Gsat 10 lots of fan boys (actual fan boys cum lovers) popped up of Tata Sky. Everyone was appreciating the company. We used to see 25-30 channel addition almost every week. All things were good.

Then Tata Sky reached to a level when laterally nothing left to be added. They kept launching and adding only service channels and people started considering them as more business oriented company then customer satisfactory company. Dino bro, you are also one of them. I remember, if anywhere talks of Tata Sky began then all members of that forum use to ask where are you as you were the biggest supporter of Tata Sky out their.

I can't deny Tata Sky has been doing more business and strategical things then customer oriented, but still we the current customers are more that satisfied. I also accept the fact Airtel is cheaper and having same variety of content yet they lack on customer care, online portal and other things. If you guys can speak on Tata Sky's business oriented moves then you also need to speak on Airtel's downsides. Then only consider yourself as a neutral reviewer.

You obviously would have noticed, now other DTHs are picking up the left race slowly and they are also getting loyal fan base. Since Tata Sky has a big loyal fan base already, their comments are not being digested by other DTH supporters. That is when legit TS users are getting trolled/abused.

Infact funny thing is 10 years back in 2009 in june was when i first got dishtv. Back then i also had the option to get Tata Sky but they didn't have the channels that i wanted and so i chose them. 10 years later here i am with Tata Sky and never thought id make the move after that disastrous experience with dishtv which almost made me sick of DTH. I also had their monoblock lnb which i got after reading DDF posts itself. I was one of the few that actually paid 700 for just that lnb when it was only being supplied for HD customers. All that for just receiving few SD channels. I may not have been a member then but I was a lurker since 2011.

Bro you are silently putting ghee on heavy fire and asking not to burn it further.:blush2:

On a serious note:
If you guys remember, when Tata Sky got Gsat 10 lots of fan boys (actual fan boys cum lovers) popped up of Tata Sky. Everyone was appreciating the company. We used to see 25-30 channel addition almost every week. All things were good.

Then Tata Sky reached to a level when laterally nothing left to be added. They kept launching and adding only service channels and people started considering them as more business oriented company then customer satisfactory company. Dino bro, you are also one of them. I remember, if anywhere talks of Tata Sky began then all members of that forum use to ask where are you.

I can't deny Tata Sky has been doing more business and strategical things then customer oriented, but still we the current customers are more that satisfied. I also accept the fact Airtel is cheaper and having same variety of content yet they lack on customer care, online portal and other things. If you guys can speak on Tata Sky's business oriented moves then you also need to speak on Airtel's downsides. Then only consider yourself as a neutral reviewer.

You obviously would have noticed, now other DTHs are picking up the left race slowly and they are also getting loyal fan base. Since Tata Sky has a big loyal fan base already, their comments are not being digested by other DTH supporters. That is when legit TS users are getting trolled/abused.
Sorry to say bro, if @dino29 bro praising Airtel all the time,that is somehow true,I also tell him about that. But you cant ignore that some Tatasky users,who never used all other DTH, they also continuously many time said that Tatasky best, other dth worst/bad. They also all the time only praising Tatasky.
Yes its true, Tatasky have huge fan base in this forum thats why I take back myself to said anything about Tatasky.

Last edited:
Actually if we go deep we need to understand how people become so loyal fans for free just because they are providing them that type of service now there were few people who cannot afford TS so they just defend their DTH.
Understand why someone will defend a brand for free if it is not good???

Last edited:
Actually if we go deep we need to understand how people become so loyal fans for free just because they are providing them that type of service now there were few people who cannot afford TS so they just defend their DTH.
Understand why someone will defend a brand of it is not good???
I also want to make another point. I was hell-bent on sticking to cable as long as i could. But the time was it and i decided to move on because Tata Sky is the best option for me. This is my review and the pros and cons are my personal ones that i felt and experienced. If they feel i am a Tata Sky dealer i request then to check all my posts before i booked TS. I never even participated in other DTH threads. I was restricting myself to cable. If people don't want to open their eyes they're free to close it and sleep. What else can i say? Moreover unlike those who only experienced one DTH brand before i have had 2 now and also my relatives have D2h so I have only compared it with what i could.

I also want to make another point. I was hell-bent on sticking to cable as long as i could. But the time was it and i decided to move on because Tata Sky is the best option for me. This is my review and the pros and cons are my personal ones that i felt and experienced. If they feel i am a Tata Sky dealer i request then to check all my posts before i booked TS. I never even participated in other DTH threads. I was restricting myself to cable. If people don't want to open their eyes they're free to close it and sleep. What else can i say? Moreover unlike those who only experienced one DTH brand before i have had 2 now and also my relatives have D2h so I have only compared it with what i could.
Chill bro!!! ❄🍃

We can't stop haters so let's enjoy the service. 😃😃

The most underrated feature of TS is TS Web Live which no other dth provides.

On a serious note:

Then Tata Sky reached to a level when laterally nothing left to be added. They kept launching and adding only service channels and people started considering them as more business oriented company then customer satisfactory company. Dino bro, you are also one of them. I remember, if anywhere talks of Tata Sky began then all members of that forum use to ask where are you.

Well Bapun bro i have always been neutral, my comments have highlighted both sides of each company based on given moment. Few days back some brother had even mentioned few of my old threads pointing out how i have praised or criticized a company based on facts and opinions kept changing accordingly. I am neither a fanboy or opposite to this which is why i had to bear the brunt of getting banned many times in past across quarters .

Infact i have always even stood for right things which suit business interest of companies while making people realise that they should not focus just on their own benefit . I hope u have noticed those posts too and analysed reason for doing so.

Point u raised regarding tata sky just adding service channels and people objecting to it calling them purely business minded rather than customer centric was before GSat 10 came into operation and they kept adding in-house service channels or Star India channels while avoiding others giving excuse of shortage of bandwidth to other broadcasters. I remember all the history and can delve deep but want to invest time/energy on other things too hence try to be precise or to the point during discussions.

Well about putting ghee in fire, many in this forum have done so to instigate me and others into posting more thus increase visibility or clicks on their threads. Will not take names and fall in that trap again :)

Last edited:
I also accept the fact Airtel is cheaper and having same variety of content
Bro, this is no longer true post TRAI regulations. Every DTH is the same, which is why TS benefited more from the new tariff order. If the Customer is getting superior service and good quality at the same price, there is no reason not to consider a one time investment on TS. It has been evident from the new TS connection threads on our forum itself. Even this thread is a result of the same, I believe the OP might not have considered TS the costs were like before the TRAI tariff order with HD Access Fee and stuff!

The problem started when OP said "You are driving potential customers away" for the negative comments from the other user. In my opinion, Customers are not that stupid to choose or go away based on either Positive/Negative posts on a particular DTH. They read everything and make a wise decision according to their requirements.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock