Discussion Is Tata Sky an overrated DTH or is really good?

Is Tata Sky an overrated DTH

• Yes

• No

• Don't Know

Results are only viewable after voting.
Has he said anything wrong ??? Everyone knows that after TRAI tariff order, its more easier to add/remove channels and choose packs in DTH. I see so many users in my locality opting for TS, that is called word of mouth reference, people use TS, they find it great and recommend it to others.

We have to change the mindset that openly supporting a company doesnt mean he has to be its employee, a normal customer has full right to appreciate the company if its quality of services is excellent.

Nothing wrong with review but no one can force others to not criticise a company under pretext that it will let fewer people buy their connection. The latter part is what i found questionable. Infact diverse views helps make better decision, those unfairly promoting or bashing a company r always exposed and anyways lose reputation let alone influencing someone.

Nothing wrong with review but no one can force others to not criticise a company under pretext that it will let fewer people buy their connection. The latter part is what i found questionable. Infact diverse views helps make better decision, those unfairly promoting or bashing a company r always exposed and anyways lose reputation let alone influencing someone.
Agree on this...what was the motive of creating this thread? Bring more customers or have a diverse views or just with the intention only positive comments will be accepted haters just stay away?
Not everyone experience same thing...the guy was probably on sh#tty den network and moving to tatasky was a wonderful experience but same thing cannot be said for a guy moving from Airtel to tatasky right?
If 5 fingers of a hand are not same how could everyone expect same experience or views....buyers will buy no matter the negative comments...just a a true person is developed by experiencing both negative and positive things ,same should be for a service

no one can force others to not criticise a company under pretext that it will let fewer people buy their connection.
100% agreed with this point.

@shreyaskini bro, you took a lot of time writing an in-depth review, and I really appreciate that. Great Job! However, Do not expect everyone to react positively to anything that's posted on the forum. Everyone will have their experiences and they react accordingly. Since the context of this thread is the review of Tata Sky, I don't see anything wrong in few people talking about the negatives in the subsequent posts. Our forum should be a place to provide open opinions on every single DTH, be it positive or negative.

I myself have used 3 different DTH brands and I have different opinions on each one of them. With Tata Sky, I faced severe PQ issues on Telugu Regional HD channels, for which I have followed-up several days with TS Customer Care to no avail. So I (In my personal experience) think TS HD channel PQ on Telugu Regional HD Channels is poorer than the other DTH brands I have used. So, it's a different opinion than several other people on this forum. If I put my opinion in this thread which I did now, and said that the HD channel PQ on TS for Telugu regional HD channels is poor, it doesn't mean I'm chasing away potential customers. We are all expressing our experiences and After all, it's up to the potential Customer whether or not to buy that particular DTH.

Let an open discussion happen and the team is always there to take care if the thread goes off-topic. Hope this clarifies.

I'll say this again Tata Sky is the best. Call me what you want i don't care. I used DEN cable since 2011 and only had a bad experience after i got their HD STB. The reason was they use a poor quality STB. I never had complaints about their HD PQ which is just as good as TS but SD is average. I used Dishtv for 5+ years and can easily say it was not even a mediocre experience. The reason i moved on from Den is TRAI regulations which made it impossible to easily pick channels of choice and poor STB that had frame drops.

The thread has spiralled out of the main topic. It is @shreyaskini's opinion that TS continues to be the premium DTH brand of India. TS has a loyal fan base, as does ADTV and also (nowadays) Sun Direct. But there will be still a few people who find Dish/d2h more suitable for them, and the lack of new channels does not bother them. Then there are the people who have stuck faithfully to cable, especially if it is Fastway (I have @Dinesh jain in mind). A great number of cable networks nowadays have more HD channels than Dish-d2h and Sun.

Subjectively, each may have their favourites, but objectively, TS has consistently delivered the most premium experience, which will of course be at an appropriate cost (not saying that TS can't be cheap; you can have it as cheap as you like), while ADTV has built a name for offering almost the same quality as TS but at a much lower price. The others are catching up, and Sun Direct has caught up the most. However, in order to come to a consensus, there should not be any loud words.

DDF team will do what's right. @dino29 bro I respect you a lot. I'm a big admirer of you and you inspire me to make long posts here and that's why i follow you. But you also should accept that reiterating the same thing in 4-5 different threads and going on about it is annoying. When he first said there's dullness i said even if it's the truth we can't do anything regarding it. He then goes on to say That Sky users know what TS is when it's clear that this thread isn't intended for them but for those who are in a dilemma whether to get TS or not. If indeed he feels there's dullness he can actually make a thread and ask others if it's true. He has made this post quite a few times in threads which were not meant for it! How can a new user ever understand if older boxes had better pq and is there anything we can do about it? They have stopped supplying the boxes with cards and all i told him was to move on.

Thanks for the appreciation bhai. I am no one get inspiration from or done anything remarkable to deserve much credit though it is always my endeavor to keep improving in whatever i do. By the way if u still wish to learn from me than see other things apart from "essay" style posts from me :)

Coming to ur main point of contention, well each individual has a way of expressing ... Some may be to the point or precise by highlighting issue once or others would like to pen down concerns in multiple threads which r connected with their opinion. This is why i stated that please do not feel agitated, if u find something monotonous then simply don't reply to it. Lastly some of us have good command over english language while few others might not have that ability and feel difficulty in properly sharing their thoughts which also leads to repetition in pursuit of achieving improvement. Infact we should be more supportive in such situation and come forward to address the concerns rather than making fun or exploiting their shortcomings. We r all a big community and can prosper only if give equal respect and be more inclusive.

@JollyLNB unfortunately most will not get this. They say TS is over rated without making any rational points. I don't know if Airtel is better than TS but since this is my review and from what i have seen it's the best DTH company in India. If others feel different they're free to make their own reviews. No one has stopped them but please don't derail the thread by asking questions about things which can't be answered in a review thread. This is not a comparision thread which is what it has turned out to be. In that case i will defend TS and don't mind being called a fanboy.

Everyone has the right to put up their points, be it Pros or Cons. But, when putting a Con it should be realistic saying Dullness is there 3-4 times doesnt make it real unless other users having same STB have faced same issue (none of the New Cardless STB users have posted this issue). For example Humax HEVC HD STB many users have said like Vadirocks bro.

No one is complaining the criticism part, but calling someone a Seller, Dealer, Employee, etc is not right especially when the Poster (shreyaskini) posted a good review for the first time.

Last edited:
Agree on this...what was the motive of creating this thread? Bring more customers or have a diverse views or just with the intention only positive comments will be accepted haters just stay away?
Not everyone experience same thing...the guy was probably on sh#tty den network and moving to tatasky was a wonderful experience but same thing cannot be said for a guy moving from Airtel to tatasky right?
If 5 fingers of a hand are not same how could everyone expect same experience or views....buyers will buy no matter the negative comments...just a a true person is developed by experiencing both negative and positive things ,same should be for a service

Aum Shanti Aum. Calm down bro. Even operators do not argue or fight this much among themselves. We r subscribers and have right to put forward views but not get so much involved as if we r sitting on board of directors panel and a review will make company shares or sales go down.

Right now 2 of u r looking like CEO or Marketing Head of Tata Sky and a rival firm MD involved in verbal brawl. Also azhar bro seems like a person terminated from senior position at DEN and disgruntled bcoz of this. :)

Hope that now discussion will not take a new turn based on my above comments.

100% agreed with this point.

@shreyaskini bro, you took a lot of time writing an in-depth review, and I really appreciate that. Great Job! However, Do not expect everyone to react positively to anything that's posted on the forum. Everyone will have their experiences and they react accordingly. Since the context of this thread is the review of Tata Sky, I don't see anything wrong in few people talking about the negatives in the subsequent posts. Our forum should be a place to provide open opinions on every single DTH, be it positive or negative.

I myself have used 3 different DTH brands and I have different opinions on each one of them. With Tata Sky, I faced severe PQ issues on Telugu Regional HD channels, for which I have followed-up several days with TS Customer Care to no avail. So I (In my personal experience) think TS HD channel PQ on Telugu Regional HD Channels is poorer than the other DTH brands I have used. So, it's a different opinion than several other people on this forum. If I put my opinion in this thread which I did now, and said that the HD channel PQ on TS for Telugu regional HD channels is poor, it doesn't mean I'm chasing away potential customers. We are all expressing our experiences and After all, it's up to the potential Customer whether or not to buy that particular DTH.

Let an open discussion happen and the team is always there to take care if the thread goes off-topic. Hope this clarifies.
Yes bro tatasky hd channels PQ particularly regional tamil,telugu channels very worst.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock