ISRO General News & Updates

In DOS Outcome budget(2016-17) some contradictory information was provided. For instance (i am quoting some paragraphs from original document) -

"the next mission planned is GSLV-F05/INSAT-3DR with CUS-07........CUS-07-A10 engine test stand integration for flight acceptance hot test is in progress at IPRC.....Realisation of flight systems for GSLV-F09/CUS-08 flight stage."

Now at another paragraph it was written -

"OBU D11 for CUS 07 stage was integrated & leak checked....along with CUS A9 main engine. Assembly of OBU D12 for CUS 08 stage was completed & mounted at MET facility for acceptance test along with CUS A10 engine."

So, CUS-07 was powered by which main engine ? A9 or A10 ?

abhinaba said:
@ Rishithulyan can you give us any insight on choosing of grey/black colour scheme for GSLV's CUS ?
CALT, Arianespace are using white coloured CUS for decades.
Beside, thermal insulation of GSLV's CUS looks like more rugged than its Chinese counterpart (Second stage - CZ-5-HO).

Actually I don't know much details about thermal insulation. The Russian Cryo stages used in GSLV MkII missions had whitish grey coloured insulation. Indigenous CUS from D3 mission onwards, uses a darker blackish grey insulation. I think this insulation also is indigenous.

abhinaba said:
In DOS Outcome budget(2016-17) some contradictory information was provided. For instance (i am quoting some paragraphs from original document) -

"the next mission planned is GSLV-F05/INSAT-3DR with CUS-07........CUS-07-A10 engine test stand integration for flight acceptance hot test is in progress at IPRC.....Realisation of flight systems for GSLV-F09/CUS-08 flight stage."

Now at another paragraph it was written -

"OBU D11 for CUS 07 stage was integrated & leak checked....along with CUS A9 main engine. Assembly of OBU D12 for CUS 08 stage was completed & mounted at MET facility for acceptance test along with CUS A10 engine."

So, CUS-07 was powered by which main engine ? A9 or A10 ?

Cus07 used A10 engine.

Those budget outcome Reports are prepared for submitting to govt bodies and parliamentary committees. Lot of mistakes will be there. Can't take it as authentic always.

abhinaba said:
1st post updated

South Asian Satellite will be launched in the F09 Mission of the GSLV Mk-II. You can update this in the 1st post under the "Tentative Launch Schedule" heading.
Also update the launch schedule for Cartosat-2E, which is now preponed from December to April 2017, planned in the PSLV-C38 Mission.

( Source : ISRO planning launch of SAARC satellite in March )

Rishithulyan said:
South Asian Satellite will be launched in the F09 Mission of the GSLV Mk-II.  You can update this in the 1st post under the "Tentative Launch Schedule" heading.
Also update the launch schedule for Cartosat-2E, which is now preponed from December to April 2017, planned in the PSLV-C38 Mission.

( Source : ISRO planning launch of SAARC satellite in March )

Updated accordingly

Finally we get a probable launch date for GSAT-17. The date set for GSAT-17 launch is 28th June. It will be launched with another satellite, HellasSat-3 on an Ariane 5 rocket "VA238" - as revealed by an Arianespace employee.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock