Issue in dolby digital sound over HDMI

• Thread starter anuj_t
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 104
  • Views: Views 23,729
Preferred audio option will be under Audio Settings of the STB. You will see Stereo, Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus.
OK I see this options. but what Is the point?

Last edited:

If possible, disconnect all the HDMI connections, reset dth stb, tv áńd HT then reconnect everything, choose Dolby digital in stb and turn on arc in tv and ht and check if it works.

Telling this because I had to reset the avr and the tv twice.

Last edited:
@shyampk After trying what @ajuvignesh said, change the type to Dolby Digital Plus and try.
D
Only this thread stopping me to buy HT IV300 or HT RT400.
Sad
Do not buy this if you have Technicolor HEVC or the other newer HEVC box. As per @shyampk issue is not there on Flextronic or older boxes. I have not come across any such issue for boxes other than mentioned. So please avoid this combination of HT and STB.

Hi Anuj,

I am facing the same issue as you have mentioned. Keeping the settings of HDMI in STB to DD+ and switching HD Channels , Audio just stops coming and IV300 hangs until restarted.

Did you find any solution around it ?

Hi Anuj,

I am facing the same issue as you have mentioned. Keeping the settings of HDMI in STB to DD+ and switching HD Channels , Audio just stops coming and IV300 hangs until restarted.

Simple solution would be using optical cable if available.

Hi Anuj,

May I know your STB make and model?

As of now, I have not found full proof solution to this problem. Optical cable gives better results but still fails sometimes or gives hissing noise on dolby enabled channels. HDMI ARC has best quality whenever it works but unfortunately it has very low success rate on technicolor HEVC box and Sony HT IV300

Good news. I have managed to completely eliminate the issue by using optical cable and turning off 'HDMI CEC' option from TV settings and 'Audio control over HDMI' from HT settings. I have also turned off HDMI ARC to be on safer side. Alternatively, you can use optical cable and non ARC HDMI port on TV to connect to HT. You can skip on HDMI port completely if you don't want to access HT menu on TV and when STB is directly connected to TV.

Problem goes away by turning off HDMI CEC is because HDMI CEC is a root problem. It's a non-standardized feature across manufacturers and causes handshaking issue when incompatible CEC enabled devices are connected. HDMI CEC is required for ARC to function and hence causes audio issues. Internet is full such issues.

Thankfully, turning off all the options has resolved all the issues and audio including DD is crystal clear now. It's very much clear now that Technicolor HEVC STB causes problem in HDMI CEC/ARC functionality between TV and Sony HTIV300. I would still advise users to stay away from this particular STB model.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock