• Views: Views 4,313

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Indiantelevision.com Team

(5 November 2011 3:27 pm)

MUMBAI: TV Studios Global Entertainment has announced new carriage deals for its entertainment channel ITV Granada, with pay TV platforms in India, the Middle East and South Korea adding the channel.

It has done a deal with Bharti Airtel's DTH platform Airtel Digital TV and will join it later this year. The channel will launch in India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Maldives, Nepal and Bhutan.

The agreements also include the launch of ITV Granada in the Middle East via the OSN DTH network. The channel will make its debut later this year to subscribers throughout the region, reaching territories such as Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Cyprus, Turkey, Egypt and the UAE.

Finally, South Korea's cable operator CJ HelloVision has signed to broadcast ITV Granada via its "CJ Tving" service which provides 140 channels viewable on PCs, smartphones, tablets and smart TVs.

ITV Studios Global Entertainment senior VP Sales Asia Pacific Augustus Dulgarot commented, "The high-quality line-up of UK-produced programming available on ITV Granada is attracting huge interest in Asia and the Middle East. Since its launch the channel's reach has rapidly increased throughout the region and we are delighted to sign these new agreements which will bring ITV Granada to a range of key territories. It is an exciting time in the channel's development and we welcome OSN, Bharti Airtel and CJ HelloVision to our suite of affiliates."

ITV Granada is home to entertainment, drama, comedy, reality and talk shows from the UK. Content includes 'Coronation Street', drama 'Emmerdale' and entertainment shows such as 'I'm A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!', 'Popstar to Operastar' and 'Dancing on Ice'.

Carried on platforms throughout Asia including MioTV Singapore, Astro Malaysia, Now TV Hong Kong and Star Hub Singapore, the channel now reaches more than 5.5 million households in more than 15 countries.

if airtel add this channel in coming days they surely offer this chnl as topup.i will not actve as topup.to much costly pack already.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock