KAL CABLE (SCV) License cancelled.

Viki said:
Ravi Shankar prasad - Minister of IB met Jaya today

Correction- Ravi Shankar prasad is IT & Communications Minister.

Prakash Javadekar is I&B Minister.

aravindan said:
Correction- Ravi Shankar prasad is IT & Communications Minister.

Prakash Javadekar is I&B Minister.

Yes! Sorry , confused with identity.

Two points from yesterdays hearing on Kal Cables licence cancellation order.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1: The Madras High Court has declined to grant an interim stay on the order of the Information and Broadcasting Ministry cancelling Kal Cables’ multi system operator licence while posting further hearing to September 2.

This means that Kal Cables will have to comply with the MIB directive to wind down its operations within 15 days from the date of receipt of the order.

If one goes by the MIB’s date of order, then Kal has to wind up its operations by 4 September.

2: The court exempted it from running a scroll informing subscribers of the impending closure of services but said the 15-day deadline by the Ministry to wind up operations will remain for now.

--
So 1: scrolling the information on the channels may not be necessary till 2nd September, but 2: the deadline to wind up its operations by 4 September continues.
--
Source: The Hindu and Telivision Post.

HOUSE-MD said:
Two points from yesterdays hearing on Kal Cables licence cancellation order.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1: The Madras High Court has declined to grant an interim stay on the order of the Information and Broadcasting Ministry cancelling Kal Cables’ multi system operator licence while posting further hearing to September 2.

This means that Kal Cables will have to comply with the MIB directive to wind down its operations within 15 days from the date of receipt of the order.

If one goes by the MIB’s date of order, then Kal has to wind up its operations by 4 September.

2: The court exempted it from running a scroll informing subscribers of the impending closure of services but said the 15-day deadline by the Ministry to wind up operations will remain for now.

--
So 1: scrolling the information on the channels may not be necessary till 2nd September, but 2: the deadline to wind up its operations by 4 September continues.
--
Source: The Hindu and Telivision Post.

So who can to take over Chennai none other than Arasu?

Hopefully everything moving towards as per ADMK's poll promise.:tup

Corporation cracks down on cable operators for unpaid dues

CHENNAI: On Thursday, sorrows came in battalions for the Marans. A day when the Supreme Court refused to stop CBI from filing a charge sheet against the Marans and the Madras high court did not stay I&B ministry's cancellation of Kal Cables' multi-system operator (MSO) licences, Chennai Corporation began to clamp down on cable TV operators for non-payment of right of way fees for using city roads.

Corporation employees swung into action by snapping cables in Velachery, Madipakkam and Medavakkam after the issue figured in the corporation council meeting earlier in the day. A corporation official said the crackdown was not merely against cable TV operators, but also against telecom service providers who did not pay track rent. The rent, which was only 9,400 per km per annum, was revised to 32,450 per km per annum recently. It will go up by 10% every year.

Kal Cables' failure to get reprieve from the court emboldened the civic agency to act tough against it, feel observers. Cables belonging to 15 operators were removed on Thursday, but Kal was worst hit. The drive will continue in Taramani on Friday.

Thamizhaga Cable TV Operators' General Welfare Association said the residents would be saved as about 750 cable TV operators attached to SCV could shift to Arasu Cable TV. But the government-owned Arasu also does not have licence to operate in Chennai.

Mayor Saidai S Duraisamy said in the council that the previous DMK regime had favoured Marans by not initiating any action against them despite their not paying track rent. It resulted in a huge loss to the civic body, he said.

"The previous DMK regime did not hike track rent for cable TV operators and telecom firms since 2000 with a view to favouring Maran brothers," said Duraisamy.

Duraisamy told TOI that officials were instructed to assess how much Marans owed the corporation in the form of track rent. "They own and operate cable TV network in different names. They earn huge profit, but paid corporation a meager amount," he said.

He also said that files pertaining to laying of BSNL cables from a secret telephone exchange in Dayanidhi Maran's house to the erstwhile Sun TV office on Anna Salai would be dished out for initiating criminal action.

TOI

aravindan said:
Thamizhaga Cable TV Operators' General Welfare Association said the residents would be saved as about 750 cable TV operators attached to SCV could shift to Arasu Cable TV. But the government-owned Arasu also does not have licence to operate in Chennai.

Wont CAS license be enough for Chennai? Arasu has to use all options to take control and server its people as per their promise.

HOUSE-MD said:
Wont CAS license be enough for Chennai? Arasu has to use all options to take control and server its people as per their promise.

I think CAS is no more valid after the initiation of DAS. But I am not sure.

Sadiq said:

Yes , but for Chennai DAS is not officially initiated , can be initiated anytime because all other states are implemented DAS.

Sadiq said:

Arasu is free to operate (in Chennai). Moreover, it can even give digital signals or seed STBs as TRAI can’t take any action against it, given that the MSO has a temporary licence. [Manish Tewari - Feb 2014].

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock