KAL CABLE (SCV) License cancelled.

Viki said:
Yes , but for Chennai DAS is not officially initiated , can be initiated anytime because all other states are implemented DAS.

It's like a triangle. (A) DAS >> (B) Arasu >> (C) Chennai.

If (A) needs to connect to (C) it needs to go through (B) and i dont see an alternate route.
(B) doesn't change at-least for the next 18 months (I strongly think this 18 could be 78 as per todays status).

HOUSE-MD said:
Arasu is free to operate (in Chennai). Moreover, it can even give digital signals or seed STBs as TRAI can’t take any action against it, given that the MSO has a temporary licence. [Manish Tewari - Feb 2014].

It has temporary license for CAS , which will be void after DAS intimation.

Viki said:
It has temporary license for CAS , which will be void after DAS intimation.

HOUSE-MD said:
It's like a triangle. (A) DAS >> (B) Arasu >> (C) Chennai.

If (A) needs to connect to (C) it needs to go through (B) and i dont see an alternate route.

Related News

MUMBAI: The Calcutta High Court has further extended its interim order that stayed the cancellation of Kolkata-based DigiCablecomm Services’ registration by the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) till 31 October.

DigiCablecomm Services is a joint venture between Digicable and Kolkata-based Multicon Group.

The HC had on 31 July passed an order staying the operation of the ministry’s order till 29 August or until further orders, whichever is earlier. Upon hearing the submissions made by the counsels appearing for the parties, the bench directed the respondents to file their affidavits within a fortnight and reply, if any, by one week.

As reported earlier by TelevisionPost.com, the MSO’s permanent registration for Kolkata was cancelled on 18 July due to denial of security clearance by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).

DigiCablecomm Services had challenged the government order which had directed the MSO to wind up its operations and switch off signals within 15 days from the date of receipt of the order. The MSO had filed the writ petition two days after the MIB order was issued.

The single-member bench of Justice Dipankar Dutta had observed that the petitioners have been in the business for quite some time and it would suffer irreparable loss and injury, unless appropriate ad-interim protection is granted to them.

Recently, the MIB had cancelled the permanent registration of Kalanithi Maran-owned MSO Kal Cables. The MSO challenged the MIB order in Madras High Court. However, it failed to get any relief yet except that the court allowed its plea against running scrolls on its screens announcing the shutdown of its operations to subscribers and cable operators.

Read more at: Calcutta HC extends stay order on DigiCablecomm’s licence cancellation | TelevisionPost.com | TelevisionPost.com

Viki said:
Related News

However, it failed to get any relief yet except that the court allowed its plea against running scrolls on its screens announcing the shutdown of its operations to subscribers and cable operators.

Tuesday will decide the fate of Chennai cable.

i discussed with my LCO, he said there are very little chance of scv going out( his opnion) as they have invested so much on the infra and also they are going pay heavily to win the case , he also said analog will not stop even if SCV signals are stopped, he is already giving signals from TCCL and SCV. once scv stops he said he will give TCCL signals and for the STB he said they are yet to decide.

23uEySp.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock