KAL CABLE (SCV) License cancelled.

RE: KAL CABLE (SCV) License cancelled

Good that I didn't go for their HD offerings!!!

Re: KAL CABLE (SCV) License cancelled

MiB website also updated cancel licence of mso 27_8_2014

5134b9d7fb87a35f0b94a9b7e4e7b4fe.jpg

We cannot come to a conclusion,

Till Courts decision on thursday (tomorrow).

Till Arasu start to take over chennai..

But People in this forum whose STANDS of not going for "SCV STBs" haven't goes vain and have got validated..:tup :tup :tup

House MD your thoughts...

Ok, So for Chennai:

KAL: No License.
Arasu: CAS License.
JAK: Permanent License.
Hathway: Permanent License.
Akshaya: Permanent License.
TCCL: Permanent License.
Crystal: Permanent License.
(Others are either Non-Functional or was never in service in Chennai)

Who will fill the space or the same "friend in need is a friend in deed" story will help the old player to proceed?

NEW DELHI: M Karunanidhi owned Sumangali Cable Vision has been asked to stop distributing signals in Chennai.

The Information and Broadcasting Ministry has asked the multi system operator (MSO) which is part of Kal Media Services founded by the Maran family, to wind up its business in 15 days.

A note on the Ministry website said Kal Media Services had been denied permission on 20 August due to denial of security clearance by the Home Ministry.

Permanent licence had earlier been issued for 10 years on 19 June 2012 for Chennai Metropolitan area and provisional given on 7 March last year for phase II cites.

It is learnt that the Ministry has asked Sumangali to run a scroll on its channels asking subscribers to switch to other MSOs.

While the Ministry refused to comment on this development, a source from Sun TV which forms part of the group denied that this had anything to do with any familial dispute between the Maran brothers.

The Ministry had last month announced that 16 MSOs which had provisional permissions had been denied permanent licences. These refused permission includes: Skynet Digital Services, Jai Maa Vaishno Entertainment, Intermedia Cable Communications, Supersonic Networks and Godfather Communications. Thus Sumangali run by Kal Media makes the seventeenth MSO denied permission.

Source:ITV

aravindan said:
We cannot come to a conclusion,

Till Courts decision on thursday (tomorrow).

Till Arasu start to take over chennai..

But People in this forum whose STANDS of not going for "SCV STBs" haven't goes vain and have got validated..:tup :tup :tup

House MD your thoughts...

Yes, all decision now with Court. But considering it s private company and license going canceled my I&B Ministry dunno if they would give a positive reply like a stay or go on with the cancellation.

Luckily i didn't invest on STB at the last moment.

Even if we consider RS 100 per month for an STB then an STB worth Rs 1300 should be functional (MSO in business/service) at-least for 13 months for a decent investment, but any withdrawal of the MSO within 1 yr means the investment isn't worth going for unless we desperately need it.

Good time for Arasu to work as they have a CAS license, but only god know is they want to work in Chennai. Hope Arasu comes our with some announcement within next 2 days.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock