KAL CABLE (SCV) License cancelled.

aravindan said:
*stop distributing signals in Chennai.
*wind up business in 15 days.
*denied permission on 20 August due to denial of security clearance by the Home Ministry.
*Asked to run a scroll on its channels asking subscribers to switch to other MSOs.

You are giving more and more ....... news :tup (cant fill the gaps as we have lots of supporters who can start pounding on us at any time). ;) :clap

Sadiq said:
Good that I didn't go for their HD offerings!!!

Good escape. Anyways its a risky one at-least for the next 18 months and even beyond so right decision considering long term.

HOUSE-MD said:
Yes, all decision now with Court. But considering it s private company and license going canceled my I&B Ministry dunno if they would give a positive reply like a stay or go on with the cancellation.

Most probably Madras high court will go with I&B's Decision since court is angry on KAL Cable who had done some backdoor process to curb DAS license for Arasu during UPA regime.

HOUSE-MD said:
Luckily i didn't invest on STB at the last moment.

Even if we consider RS 100 per month for an STB then an STB worth Rs 1300 should be functional (MSO in business/service) at-least for 13 months for a decent investment, but any withdrawal of the MSO within 1 yr means the investment isn't worth going for unless we desperately need it.

They handled smart tactics to sell their STBs by offering comparatively cheaper packs.
Wonder SCV haven't leaked this news to public for the past 7 days.

It shows their real dirty face and people comes to know about them & their reliability..

HOUSE-MD said:
Good time for Arasu to work as they have a CAS license, but only god know is they want to work in Chennai. Hope Arasu comes our with some announcement within next 2 days.

LCOs should adapt to Arasu quickly rather than Arasu start to serve chennai formally..
Almost all parts are covered with Arasu lines but LCOs shows no interest..
:tup:tup:tup

SCV Says its political vendetta

I&B Ministry cancels Sun Group’s cable TV Network, Sun says victim of political change in Delhi

The Sun Group has approached the High Court against the cancellation order

The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (I&B) has cancelled the licence of KAL Cable Pvt Limited which runs Sumangali Cable Vision(SCV), the Multi System Operator division of the Maran family-owned Sun Group, preventing it from operating in Chennai.

An order from the I&B ministry dated 20th August, 2014 which The News Minute is in possession of, says “ The registration to operate as a Multi System Operator is being cancelled."

The order addressed to KAL Cable Pvt Limited which is a holding company that owns Sun Group’s entire cable network including SCV says “The Ministry of Home Affairs has now denied security clearance to manufacturers KAL Cables Pvt Limited for registration as MSO… In view of denial of security clearance by the MHA regular registration cannot be granted.”The order goes on to say “Protection of the interest of consumers is one of the mandates of the ministry. Accordingly, considering the large subscriber base, MSO is given a period of 15 days time from the date of receipt of this cancellation order to wind up operations and switch off signal.”

Subscribers of the SCV in Chennai are to be informed of the developments and asked to switch over to other operators via scroll running on the television screens.

Interestingly, the I&B ministry under UPA II government seems to have given a permanent registration to KAL Cable Network in June 2012 for a period of ten years, but with effect from 2006, in lieu of security clearance.

The Sun Group has approached the Madras High Court to file a petition for stay order against the cancellation. It told the court on Wednesday that the group was a victim of a change in the political regime.

The issue brought before Justice Ramasubramaniam of the Madras High Court has been adjourned until tomorrow.

News minute

Good if other MSO's will able to capitalize & capture the Chennai market now.

But , the denial of security clearance seems strange! Then on what basis SUN Network has given license for it's TV Channels , which is also need security clearance.

Viki said:
Good if other MSO's will able to capitalize & capture the Chennai market now.

But , the denial of security clearance seems strange! Then on what basis SUN Network has given license for it's TV Channels , which is also need security clearance.

Hi Viki bro.. Where were u during post#1?

SCV have got what they done for Arasu during UPA regime using political power..There is no reason more than that..

Anyhow SCV need to windup its service atleast for "cross-media restrictions rule" in future..

Please post some punch images for SCV's debacle..

:lol :lol :lol

MSO Kal Cables' licence cancelled.

The information and broadcasting ministry has cancelled the multi-system operator (MSO) licence given to city-based Kal Cables Pvt. Ltd.

The company is one of the 17 MSOs whose licence was cancelled by the central government Aug 20.

An MSO is an operator of multiple cable or direct-broadcast satellite TV systems.

According to the ministry, the licence to Kal Cables was cancelled as the home ministry denied security clearance to the company.

The company was given licence to operate in Chennai in 2012 and a provisional licence to operate in other parts of Tamil Nadu in 2013.

The company has approached the Madras High Court to quash the central government order.

Mr Aravindan, It is not necessary that one should be online all the time.And I am not jobless guy to be always there to be online, do useless posts.

The post shows your standard, and you are provoking me , sorry dear that would not work out.Hope admins are watching your act.

You and your fellow arasu cable blind fans , has an wrong impression that I am supporter of Sun , sorry boss that is all you all you know about me. Check my old posts in this forum and other forums. I always support, who ever is right.

Even now I oppose Arasu because they are killing cable tv business.

BUSINESS?? Which BUSINESS in this world would prevent others from operating in the areas under their control?? Cant name those as most of them cant be called a BUSINESS in legal terms.

Lets speak about how the public are being fleeced in the name of this BUSINESS?? Arasu seems to be an answer to the peoples plead for many years since and when the public are benefited why care about those that never cared for the people.

If something that troubles people in general getting killed brings happiness to the people in general then whats wrong in killing that thing?? Arent wars being fought everyday somewhere to kill someone and call it a victory as people feel safer??

Let Arasu do their job of cleaning the system.

Madras HC judge tells Sun Group that karma is catching up with it.
----------------------------------------------------------------

The Sun Group had approached the Madras High Court seeking a stay order on the licence cancellation

The News Minute | August 27, 2014 | 08.45 pm IST

Hearing a petition filed by Sun Group against the Information and Broadcasting Ministry (I&B) ministry order cancelling their cable TV Network registration, Justice Ramasubramanian of the Madras High Court said that “karma was catching up with the Group”.

The judge said “You have been running the company like this for so many years. You even tried to stop the state-run Arasu cable from beginning operations”.

The statement was made in light of the licence cancellation of KAL Cable Pvt Limited which runs Sumangali Cable Vision(SCV), the Multi System Operator division of the Maran family-owned Sun Group, preventing it from operating in Chennai.

The Sun Group had approached the Madras High Court seeking a stay order on the licence cancellation.

The decision to cancel the licence also instructed SCV to close down operations in the city within 15 days. Viewers using the MSO in Chennai are to be told to switch over to other operators via a ticker running on the screen.

Justice Ramasubramaniam has adjourned the hearing of the issue until tomorrow.

==

Ref: http://www.thenewsminute.com/tamils/114

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock