KAL CABLE (SCV) License cancelled.

Looks like no help from any side as many other issues from many other sides are catching up in fast phase. Looking like just a start and in every station many many old and bold people might board the train.

Viki said:
Mr Aravindan, It is not necessary that one should be online all the time.And I am not jobless guy to be always there to be online, do useless posts.

The post shows your standard, and you are provoking me , sorry dear that would not work out.Hope admins are watching your act.

You and your fellow arasu cable blind fans , has an wrong impression that I am supporter of Sun , sorry boss that is all you all you know about me. Check my old posts in this forum and other forums. I always support, who ever is right.

Even now I oppose Arasu because they are killing cable tv business.

Hey Cool.. I asked why so late today - on a friendly note..that's it..;)

I dint say that you are a Sun supporter at anytime or anywhere buddy...

Cheers...:tup

<embed allowfullscreen="true" quality="high" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" flashvars="relatedvideo=http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/videpostroll_v2/4413769.cms&channelid=10002&videosection=videoshow&id=41022966&duration=02:01&title=Big setback for Sun TV Network&keywords=Sun TV Network,setback,big&section=Corporate&playerid=24&contentid=0_jym514sr&autoplay=0&description=Big setback for Sun TV Network" allownetworking="all" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" name="myMovie" src="http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/configspace/ads/timesChannelWrapper.swf" style="z-index:-1" height="420" width="545"/>

MiB asked scv to stop the service with in 15 days . MiB asked scv to inform to lco and subscribers. Scv coundn t do any information . they silently move to court . some people nownews today onwards. Cancel was made Aug 20.other people will see news paper. Tomorrow. This news come tomorrow newspaper.?....

chermadurai said:
MiB asked scv to stop the service with in 15 days . MiB asked scv to inform to lco and subscribers. Scv coundn t do any information . they silently move to court . some people nownews today onwards. Cancel was made Aug 20.other people will see news paper. Tomorrow. This news come tomorrow newspaper.?....

News slowly coming. :)

Indian Express

SCV Licence Killed, 1.5L Clients in Fix

CHENNAI: The Union government’s order on Wednesday cancelling the licence of Kal Cables, the parent company of Sumangali Cable Vision (SCV), which once enjoyed monopoly status in the cable TV sector here, would mean that the investment of nearly 1.5 lakh customers in purchasing the company’s set-top boxes would go down the drain.

According to industry sources, Kal Cables is still the market leader and controls more than 50 per cent of business in Chennai, followed by TCCL, Akshaya, Aadhar, Crystal and state-owned Arasu cable.

Cable operators said each of the company’s customers had bought the set-top box, which is mandatory to access digital cable signals, at a cost of Rs 1,500. “Currently, SCV has 1.5 lakh subscribers and the cost would be huge which the consumer has to pay,” a cable operator said.

The Information and Broadcasting Ministry, which cancelled the registration following the denial of security clearance by the Ministry of Home Affairs, has ordered a 15-day notice from the date of the cancellation order to wind up the company’s operations and switch off signals, in a communication dated August 20, 2014.

Cable operators welcomed the Union government’s order.

“They had total monopoly for over a decade. An end to this will boost the prospects of independent cable operators. Sun Group, through political interference, controlled the media. We now hope things will improve,” said P Shakilan, founder of Tamilaga Cable TV Operators General Welfare Association.

Ind Exp

Very pity that SCV had sold only 1.5 Lakhs STBs out of 25+lakhs analog connections in chennai since 2001.

Not even 10% subscriber base..:angry

It shows their intention to curse chennai people to resist with analog for more time in which people are forced to watch only Sun group channels for the past 14 years..:huh

aravindan said:
Hey Cool.. I asked why so late today - on a friendly note..that's it..;)

I dint say that you are a Sun supporter at anytime or anywhere buddy...

Cheers...:tup

Friendly note!!! If it is so , then it is good. But your post doesn't sound like that.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock