Discussion Kannada movies Satellite Rights

I have a doubt that why is Colors Kannada lagging behind in buying satellite rights of Big Star Movies. For eg They recently bought Kotigobba 3 but did not get Vikrant Rona , Bhajarangi 2, Even KGF 2 Although thry have the 1st Part. Still within these 2 years , I have noticed that they r buying those movies which were not that great at the box office. Recent Example INDIA VS ENGLAND.

I have a doubt that why is Colors Kannada lagging behind in buying satellite rights of Big Star Movies. For eg They recently bought Kotigobba 3 but did not get Vikrant Rona , Bhajarangi 2, Even KGF 2 Although thry have the 1st Part. Still within these 2 years , I have noticed that they r buying those movies which were not that great at the box office. Recent Example INDIA VS ENGLAND.
Since Colors position low last 2.5years so revenues low , for this Investment problem now recent months some films rights lost and also Colorskannada concentration on increasing movie numbers for Thier library within Thier limit. Picking one big Star equal to 4+ small budget movies.Recent trend selling satellite rights & OTT rights separate increased TV right price.

Last edited:
Colors Kannada library is very very weak.they should atleast try to renew or share some old classics flim.without classic flim their movie library looks very weak.

Better channel to watch movies

Udaya Movies
Udaya Tv
Star Suvarna Plus
Zee Picchar
Kasturi
Colors Kannada
Zee Kannada
Star Suvarna
Colors Kannada Cinema
Colors Super

Since Colors position low last 2.5years so revenues low , for this Investment problem now recent months some films rights lost and also Colorskannada concentration on increasing movie numbers for Thier library within Thier limit. Picking one big Star equal to 4+ small budget movies.Recent trend selling satellite rights & OTT rights separate increased TV right price.
No way revenue is a problem. Ck gets 3 times more money compared to 2018 or before . All thanks to NTO. Before ck was ₹5 now it's ₹21.
It's just that ck doesn't invest more on big movies. They look for small budget and increase library.
And most film they buy are story oriented rather than hero or heroine. Due to param sir being story writer

No way revenue is a problem. Ck gets 3 times more money compared to 2018 or before . All thanks to NTO. Before ck was ₹5 now it's ₹21.
It's just that ck doesn't invest more on big movies. They look for small budget and increase library.
And most film they buy are story oriented rather than hero or heroine. Due to param sir being story writer
I know that subscribtion revenue more than before& I am looking in the channel position & market share before 2019 Colors dominated now Zee dominated , and if you see heat of compitetion they lost small budget hit movies also in recent years , now unrecognised kannada films (less promoted films during old theater release)through increasing library, during Colors Super & CKC launching it self they said we are looking small budgets films more.

I know that subscribtion revenue more than before& I am looking in the channel position & market share before 2019 Colors dominated now Zee dominated , and if you see heat of compitetion they lost small budget hit movies also in recent years , now unrecognised kannada films (less promoted films during old theater release)through increasing library, during Colors Super & CKC launching it self they said we are looking small budgets films more.
Ha. In one of interview ravish Kumar said that instead of buying big movie. They could buy many small budget. One big movie a year is enough for ck.
If ck lands in purchase it will be fierce battle. See how zk lost K3 as said by hunsur sir himself in awards

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock