Discussion Kannada Serials and Reality Shows Update

• Thread starter DreamFan
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,067
  • Views: Views 1,508,849
Well Good Expectations, But Reality won't happening these Expectations and you people thinking only Colors have Strong Fiction, than Zee Kannada and Star Suvarna Serials not doing well :unsure:
I did not compared any channel I told all serial are doing well when compared to last year that's all my point.( Talked only about ck and Cs
)Not talked about any other channel.

Last edited:
Yes . I agree.
As of now Bigg Boss is needed for colors super only , not any other channel.
I don't know here why some people are saying that colors kannada wants Bigg Boss now. However it is going strong. And it may even cross Zee kannada its stories are good now a days.
Colors kannada is going strongly & competing Zee Kannada. Its viewers had attached to fiction. Coming days still more viewers will be there for NR. So no chance of Bigg boss at 9PM or 9:30PM. Hoomale does well in upcoming days.
Colors super need revamp now. It is needed viewers now. And that can be done only by the Bigg Boss.
If Colors Kannada Market Share increased like Zee Kannada, than you can expect anything Bigg Boss or Original Serials On Colors Super.

Colors Kannada itself struggling to stay in Top 2, sometimes it's moving Third and Fourth position, So Colors Kannada Ratings once improved, then Viacom/Colors concerning On Colors Super.

If Colors Kannada Market Share increased like Zee Kannada, than you can expect anything Bigg Boss or Original Serials On Colors Super.

Colors Kannada itself struggling to stay in Top 2, sometimes it's moving Third and Fourth position, So Colors Kannada Ratings once improved, then Viacom/Colors concerning On Colors Super.
What biggboss can do? Serial are doing better than biggboss.
Biggboss will help only 3 Month.then launched serial will get 0.7 -1.3tvr.
If biggboss launched in Colors Kannada then will be self destruction.

Before lockdown ck only getting 210k but now they came near 300K.this all happend because of serials not biggboss.
After lock down CK did not gone again 4th position again.even zee Kannada has lost its position during lockdown.

I think according to you ck may not doing good .but Colors Kannadas serials are doing better than star suvarna.
Star suvarna + point is movies.

Last edited:

What biggboss can do? Serial are doing better than biggboss.
Biggboss will help only 3 Month.then launched serial will get 0.7 -1.3tvr.
If biggboss launched in Colors Kannada then will be self destruction.

Before lockdown ck only getting 210k but now they came near 300K.this all happend because of serials not biggboss.
After lock down CK did not gone again 4th position again.even zee Kannada has lost its position during lockdown.
It's not my decision, Viacom/ Colors they want Bigg Boss on Colors Kannada, Do you know Bigg Boss Budget it's very difficult to Recover show budget on secondary channel Colors Super.

It's not my decision, Viacom/ Colors they want Bigg Boss on Colors Kannada, Do you know Bigg Boss Budget it's very difficult to Recover show budget on secondary channel Colors Super.
Then why they telecasted 5th and 6th season in colors super.biggboss has different fanbase.they will watch any channel which they need.even that time Colors super was not in top5 channel list.

Last edited:
I can't tell or predict anything but here are my points as my research.

Bbk Why in colors super.?
Colors Kannada has good rated TV serials and has had good fiction viewers. Bigg boss has more non fiction viewers so it will effect fiction slots badly .

Colors super needs to rebrand at some point as of now channel is shut down. But running dubbed content but they will end by Dec what's next ? They might launch few fiction content and bbk on colors super to increase it's viewership to get market share.

BBK why in colors Kannada. ?
bigg boss is one of the most valuable asset in India . And bigg boss Kannada is the 2nd most valuable and budgeted show after to only Hindi bigg boss . So it needs profit recovery from the show. The channel has seen how Tamil and Telugu turned out as fortune for star. Network may bring bbk to increase the viewers on TV .

Voot select will play as a major role. Undoubtedly Karnataka gives the 2nd biggest viewer share for voot. In order to get people to subscribe to voot select . Channel may bring bigg boss at late slots like 9:30 or even 10

I guess MGM moving to new slot, maybe Bigg Boss coming on Colors Kannada weekdays Primetime 9.30 slot and Colors No 1 serial Nannarasi Radhe maybe moving some other Good slot, Shantam Paapam slowly moving to Weekend.

coming to Star Suvarna Rukku will not come in 8 - 9, Both Radha Krishna and yet to announce timings of Yediyur Siddalingeshwhara will airing in between 8 - 9.
I think Colorskannada don't touch NR and Hoomale because 9,9.30pm refreshed from all channel and these slot Colors still have growth chances with present Serials . This time Biggboss neaded at 8to9pm because Zee Serials viewers started feel stretched or not much interest and also lost old charm (if any channel come with good contents in these slots viewers easily shift to other channel ). If BBK telecasting on colorssuper not much effect CK channel .

Yadiyur Siddalingeshwhara which slot they fill still confuse because 7pm can't come , 8pm Serial can't stay with compitetion, 8.30pm good slot but Radha Krishna telecasting.

@Kannadiga In Colorskannada channel Biggboss neaded 8to9pm present colors Serials can't break Zee rating ( still viewers prepares zee both Serials ). Ginirama and Geetha shifting to other slot helps channel overall impression increases through the new Serials can break.

Last edited:
I think Colorskannada don't touch NR and Hoomale because 9,9.30pm refreshed from all channel and these slot Colors still have growth chances with present Serials . This time Biggboss neaded at 8to9pm because Zee Serials viewers started feel stretched or not much interest and also lost old charm (if any channel come with good contents in these slots viewers easily shift to other channel ). If BBK telecasting on colorssuper not much effect CK channel .

Yadiyur Siddalingeshwhara which slot they fill still confuse because 7pm can't come , 8pm Serial can't stay with compitetion, 8.30pm good slot but Radha Krishna telecasting.

@Kannadiga In Colorskannada channel Biggboss neaded 8to9pm present colors Serials can't break Zee rating ( still viewers prepares zee both Serials ). Ginirama and Geetha shifting to other slot helps channel overall impression increases through the new Serials can break.
Colors Kannada won't change more than 1 serial slot change. They will not agree. Ginirama has gained popularity more they won't drop it from 8:30 Caz it will give tough fight to JJ of zee. I think they will see serial ratings of other channel at 9:30 if NR decreases ( only if it decrease not if losses slot leader ) it may get shift to 6pm and bbk will telecast at 9:30 . If NR continues to workout well bbk may come at 10 or in colors super

They won't touch Ginirama and geetha.if touched then definitely will be nannarasi radhe.ginirama will give tough competition to Jothe jotheyali.presently Ginirama is only serial which won't drag too much.where Colors serials promo reaches million views.even Geetha promo trending no1 in YouTube.

According to you biggboss gives tough competition to other channels.but it won't .
8-9 average ratings is 5Tvr.but biggboss only get 3tvr.
Present fiction viewers will move to other then other channels will strong and ck will suffer lot.
Last year only zee Kannada was giving tough competition but this year all are giving tough competition.

Last edited:
I can't tell or predict anything but here are my points as my research.

Bbk Why in colors super.?
Colors Kannada has good rated TV serials and has had good fiction viewers. Bigg boss has more non fiction viewers so it will effect fiction slots badly .

Colors super needs to rebrand at some point as of now channel is shut down. But running dubbed content but they will end by Dec what's next ? They might launch few fiction content and bbk on colors super to increase it's viewership to get market share.

BBK why in colors Kannada. ?
bigg boss is one of the most valuable asset in India . And bigg boss Kannada is the 2nd most valuable and budgeted show after to only Hindi bigg boss . So it needs profit recovery from the show. The channel has seen how Tamil and Telugu turned out as fortune for star. Network may bring bbk to increase the viewers on TV .

Voot select will play as a major role. Undoubtedly Karnataka gives the 2nd biggest viewer share for voot. In order to get people to subscribe to voot select . Channel may bring bigg boss at late slots like 9:30 or even 10
My idea for Colors Kannada.they should telecast biggboss at 10-11.or weekdays episodes at Colors super and weekends episodes in colors kannada.
They shouldn't touch 8-10pm serials that's enough.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock