M Tunes SD channel will be discontinued....

• Thread starter Thread starter chaudhary sameer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 53
  • Views Views: Views 9,019
Status
Not open for further replies.
venkataraman said:
pls nont remove

We can expect for a last minute deal and hope mtunes sd remains in d2h..... Hope for the best....

@Godman: As you are a staff with d2h you may be aware of this removal. Whats the reason and current status???

If there is high demand for this channel , i don't believe d2h will remove it !

I dont really think mtunes can do anything.. afaik mtunes only has HD channel... so its up to the dth operator to decide if they need to downscale it and show or not...

Shadow said:
I dont really think mtunes can do anything.. afaik mtunes only has HD channel... so its up to the dth operator to decide if they need to downscale it and show or not...

But still the channel need to pay a separate carriage fee (in case of FTA channel) since it is taking a separate space in TP and reaching different audience (SD viewers). Similarly DTH need to pay different amount to channel due to the same reason that it is reaching different audience (SD viewers) who cannot pay the actual HD cost.

Sadiq said:
But still the channel need to pay a separate carriage fee (in case of FTA channel) since it is taking a separate space in TP and reaching different audience (SD viewers). Similarly DTH need to pay different amount to channel due to the same reason that it is reaching different audience (SD viewers) who cannot pay the actual HD cost.

:hmm complex stuff , I dont want to discuss it furthur...

Shadow said:
:hmm complex stuff , I dont want to discuss it furthur...

Nothing complex, brother.

1.Some channels are broadcasted only in HD from broadcasting station.
2.DTH operators provide SD version by downgrading HD resolution to SD resolution.If stereo is not available, Dolby digital will be converted to stereo by DTH.
3.Now the point to be noted is that this DTH created SD Channel must follow all rules and regulations like other SD Channels are subjected to.

A) carriage fee channel: Low rated channels pay price to DTH to remain in platform. Say yearly.

B)Pay channel: DTH pay price to highly rated channels to make it available in platform. Say yearly.

*Carriage fee channel is one of the sources of income to DTH.This is the reason behind addition of less popular channels added quickly when there is high demand on another channels. High carriage fee= High priority :rofl

Now it's clear.... :huh :huh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom