Many Reasons as to why a South Indian DTH Brand Sun is equally popular in ROI ?

aravindan said:
Funny stats..:lol

During their launch in Tamilnadu, they have offered base pack rate at Rs.70/month to loot most of the cable subscribers (Cable cost was priced at Rs.100 to Rs.150 at that time).. And one year later, Rs.70 pack slowly increased to around Rs.140.

They are clear on their target , middle class and lower middle class. If you compare Dish TV,TATA Sky who have major share on DTH world that period they were selling DTH as premium product the SD STB box was priced 3000-5000 and the package was around 200+ and you never had South specific packages those days.

You accept it or not , SUN Direct is the one who changed the DTH from premium product to common man product.

And don't give wrong details , SUN Direct launched in 2007 Dec , and the base pack price reached 145 in Oct 2011. 2007 - 2011 time period is definitely not 1 year! It is at-least 3+ years in my calender.

aravindan said:
"Achieve the large subscriber base with attractive lower price & at later stages increase the price equivalent to opponent's" is their strategy..

Daily newspaper Dinakaran initially sold for 1-Rupee, now priced for Rs.4 (Dailythanthi, Dinamalar @ 5Rs now)
Evening paper Tamil murasu initially sold for Rs.2, now priced at Rs.4
Same strategy used to promote all their products like Kungumam, SCV & more..

It means they are acting like a extra-ordinary(initially).
But truth is they are ORDINARY..

What is wrong in their business strategy?! All are here to do business and they do their best to attract customer. It is one way to do! Even Videocon did that!

But , your details itself says they are still cheaper than their competitor. Aren't they?!

aravindan said:
Sun Direct lags in
1.HD Channels count
2. Sun Direct, A Taminadu originated DTH, missing important Tamil channels like Puthuyugam, Vendhar, Puthiya Thalaimurai, Murasu, Siripoli, RDP, J Movie, Polimer

When Sun Direct can't even impress their hometown customers, then how could they satisfy ROI customers???

Everybody knows what is the reason behind lesser HD count - bandwidth scarcity. And don't forget they are the first to launch HD service in India.

And , every DTH is missing some channels it is upto customer to choose based on their needs. Still Sun Direct one of the cheapest DTH service for basic channels , many look in to that aspect.

aravindan said:
I bet that Rs.220 & Rs.300 pack will be increased to Rs.260+ & Rs.350+ by end of this year which is a strategy..

Good Assumptions!!! Keep going!!

Offtopic : Now the is thread will be flooded with SUN TV hater's replies and likes. Interestingly some of them never used DTH or not even Digital TV Service.

Viki said:
They are clear on their target , middle class and lower middle class. If you compare Dish TV,TATA Sky who have major share on DTH world that period they were selling DTH as premium product the SD STB box was priced 3000-5000 and the package was around 200+ and you never had South specific packages those days.

You accept it or not , SUN Direct is the one who changed the DTH from premium product to common man product. :clap

And don't give wrong details , SUN Direct launched in 2007 Dec , and the base pack price reached 145 in Oct 2011. 2007 - 2011 time period is definitely not 1 year! It is at-least 3+ years in my calender. :clap

Everybody knows what is the reason behind lesser HD count - bandwidth scarcity. And don't forget they are the first to launch HD service in India.

And , every DTH is missing some channels it is upto customer to choose based on their needs. Still Sun Direct one of the cheapest DTH service for basic channels , many look in to that aspect.

Good Assumptions!!! Keep going!! :clap

Offtopic : Now the is thread will be flooded with SUN TV hater's replies and likes. Interestingly some of them never used DTH or not even Digital TV Service.

Very well said. Vicky bro.:tup I totally agree with you. Very very true statements made. This forum is full of sun direct haters. :angry :wall I agree sun direct made dth a common man's product. Tata Sky, Dish TV are for the few selected people. And I ask aravidnan bro which DTH brand you use ? Your profile is also incomplete. You have not mentioned about your dth brand. :tup But byb the way Vicky bro excellent. :)

Actually bro " DTH is for Common Man" this statement finds its true worth after looking at sun direct. I am eagerly waiting for sadiq bro's comment on vicky bro's statements. :sp

Don't I have rights to speak about Sun direct without furnishing DTH Brand details...???

Does it mean only Sun direct users should talk about it??? :skd :skd

Viki said:

The above statement is just a humiliation for Analog subscribers & Terrestrial TV viewers who are mostly poor people..

Still 80% Analog subscribers are exists in INDIA..

Don't Analog subscribers have the right to talk about DTH & Digital service..???

aravindan said:
The above statement is just a humiliation for Analog subscribers & Terrestrial TV viewers who are mostly poor people..

Don't Analog subscribers have the right to talk about DTH & Digital service..???

Read it fully , Where is humiliation in that , mentioned few of SUN TV haters never used DTH or Digital service is it not true?

Where I said they have no rights to talk about DTH or Digital Service?

I will appreciate if they talk based on facts , but what I see most of the times they talk based on wrong in-formations and assumptions.

Interestingly some is coming front and doing that , some doing it just clicking like to such posts.

...DOT...

aravindan said:

yes anyone can talk here, whether they use it or not, voice for the 80% indians . will wait for House-MD here for his opnion... :eek:hya

very soon bishnu will have to change the thread title to N reason for why analog cable tv subscribers should not move to DTH ;)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock