MTV launches show around VJ Rannvijay

Reaction score
MUMBAI: In a bid to provide differentiated content to its youth audience, MTV is conceptualising shows centred on their preferences. After a cyber-awareness show, the channel is now launching ‘Rann VJ Run’ which will capture the adventures in VJ Rannvijay Singh’s life. ‘Rann VJ Run’ will premiere on 27 October and will air every Sunday at 6 pm. Stated to be a genre binding show, the 10-part series will follow the reality star turned video jockey as he embarks on a journey to discover new places, sports, culture, people and a new way of life. It will see him conquering his fears and exploring the highest peak and the deepest caves, covering every possible landscape. Each destination across the globe will see Rannvijay challenge himself into doing things that he always wanted to do but never imagined he could. The channel already has two advertisers on board with Woodland as the presenting sponsor and Samsung Galaxy S4 as the ‘powered by’ sponsor. Speaking about the new show, MTV India EVP and business head Aditya Swamy said, “We have always seen our favourite stars in charge and in control. But how often do you get to see the real person behind the star, that’s exactly what this show is about. The most real reality show which you will see, it captures what happens when a man challenges himself to the very limit. It’s not about how hard you fall but it’s how fast you will bounce back.” The first episode will witness Rannvijay travel to Dubai on his birthday to meet UAE’s motocross champion Mohammed Balooshi, who will train him for a professional motocross race. With the final race turning out to be an emotional experience for him, Rannvijay will move forward and challenge athletes like Ryan Doyle, Kriss Kyle and Aaron Hadlow for various sports such as Parkour, BMX, Kite surfing and more. Rannvijay Singh added, “I am extremely delighted to be part of a project like MTV Rann VJ Run which makes me go that extra mile and challenge myself. I am not going to play against any opponents but myself. It will be just me and the game. This is one journey I just can’t wait to commence.” A VJ, actor and a youth icon from an army background with a dare-devil attitude, Rannvijay steps out of his comfort zone into a world full of challenges and adventure as he tries out several extreme sports, gets mentored by ten of the world’s greatest Red Bull extreme athletes, parties hard, builds strength for challenges and overcomes the fear of conquering something new and unknown.

Read more at: MTV launches show around VJ Rannvijay | TelevisionPost.com | TelevisionPost.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock