• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 754

Basil

Staff member
Reaction score
MTV to launch second season of cyber-crime show ‘Webbed'

MUMBAI: After witnessing a successful debut, MTV India is now launching the second season of its cyber-crime show ‘Webbed’. Hosted by telly star Kritika Kamra, the show will launch on 4 April at 7 pm as a 13-part series targeted at the 12-24-year-olds. ‘Webbed’ aims to empower the youth to navigate the digital world smartly.

The first season of the show was hosted by various celebrities and it spread awareness on cyber abuse. The show will recreate the situations where youngsters have been ‘Webbed’ online, capturing real life cases of cyber abuse. The objective is to empower them with information to protect themselves from any potential harm. MTV India EVP and business head Aditya Swamy said, “MTV Webbed in its opening season proved to be an instant hit with young people.

Socially relevant and yet entertaining, this is classic case of content that hits the sweet spot. We believe that educating and empowering youth is as important as entertaining them and that makes this a franchise with long legs. With Kritika leading us through the season, heavy duty marketing across platforms and power towns and a fresh set of deeply engaging stories, season two is ready to kick off.” MTV Act which is MTV’s pro-social campaign has once again tied up with Cyber Crime Awareness Society (CCAS) to drive cyber security awareness.

The channel is hosting Cyber Safety Awareness workshops in over 200 colleges across the country for interactive sessions with students to encourage them to exercise caution while accessing the internet. While MTV will highlight the need to surf smart on the internet, CCAS will educate the youngsters about apps and measures that can protect them from getting ‘webbed’ in everyday life. Kamra added, “I was exultant when MTV approached me to host Webbed 2.

I’ve seen the first season and found it to be a fantastic eye opener for the ever connected youth. The internet is a vast and unknown territory and while we think we are engaging in harmless activities while surfing the net, we don’t realize how vulnerable we can be. Through MTV Webbed 2, my aim is to help the youth make informed choices so that they understand how their actions could sometimes lead to disastrous consequences.” As per a statement, season one of the show saw 75 million people tuning in to watch the show.

Over three million people tuned in online. Past MTV studies have shown that more than 40 per cent of youngsters have received spam or p**nographic messages from strangers. A study conducted CCAS has also revealed that India ranks third in the world with respect to the prevalence of cyber abuse. With online gaming, e-commerce and social networking only looking to boom, the threats grow bigger. The show is for anyone who logs in on the web to meet old friends, make new friends and surf for information, download videos or even share a joke.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock