Hyderabad for allegedly pirating TV signals and
streaming them over the internet illegally,
following a complaint by Maa TV. Equipment
was confiscated, staff arrested.
Yesterday, it was the turn of the Mumbai based
independent multi system operator (MSO) 7
Star Digital Network. It was raided by a group
of close to 15 police officials. Reason: illegal
transmission of 10 international channels.
The channels include HBO, HBO Family, BBC
America, Sky Movie and Show Beyond among
others. “We had got the information about the
illegal transmission of channels. We monitored
the platform from 3:30 pm onwards on 14 July
and then conducted the raid, late in the night,”
informs DCP Mahesh Patil.
The raid was conducted by the Social Service
Branch located in Crawford Market of south
Mumbai. The decoders, transmitters and
adaptors of the MSO have been confiscated.
“We will now file a complaint with the
Metropolitan Magistrate under the Cable
Television Networks (Regulation) Act, 1995. The
platform was telecasting the channels without
having the licence for the same,” adds Patil.
As per the procedure, a report will also be
filed with the Information and Broadcasting
Ministry. “We will file the case and the report
in a couple of days,” he says. After studying
the report, a show cause notice will be issued
against 7 Star.
One of the MSOs operating in Mumbai
comments, “It is a good step which has been
taken by the authorities. There should be a
level playing field for all the platforms.”
None of the 7 Star executives were available
for comment. http://www.indiantelevision.com/cable-tv/msos/mumbai-cops-raid-7-star-digital-network-for-illegal-channel-distribution-140715

RE: Mumbai cops raid 7 Star
Digital Network for
"illegal" channel
distribution

The channels include HBO, HBO Family, BBC America, Sky Movie and Show Beyond :skd ;)

What a foolish MSO is 7star Digital ! It was telecasting international channels illegally. :D In my town, the local analouge cable operator telecasts Indian channels illegally, by the help of Private DTHs, he shows paid channels like Star Plus, Zee TV etc. I have also seen many times in his cable that the DishTV which he uses shows a number to call on, if someone's is watching the channel on cable. Still the man is running his business for years. Note- The town is really small .
Has anyone seen any situation like what I have mentioned? Where analouge cable operator is using private DTHs to provide channels to its customers? :D :D

RE: Mumbai cops raid 7 StarDigital Network for"illegal" channeldistribution

geekvishal said:
Has anyone seen any situation like what I have mentioned? Where analouge cable operator is using private DTHs to provide channels to its customers?

When STAR CRICKET was launch and dishtv was the first one to launch during India's Tour of England 2007 not only my LCO but every LCO use to show STAR CRICKET from dishtv also my LCO used dishtv to show SUN TV but not now after digitisation applies in Jabalpur.

Re: RE: Mumbai cops raid 7 StarDigital Network for"illegal" channeldistribution

Anirudha said:
When STAR CRICKET was launch and dishtv was the first one to launch during India's Tour of England 2007 not only my LCO but every LCO use to show STAR CRICKET from dishtv also my LCO used dishtv to show SUN TV but not now after digitisation applies in Jabalpur.
And LCO never got sued for using private DTH ? Eveb in a city like Jabalpur ? That's strange ! I thought in cities he could have definitely get sued for using private DTH in public viewing.

RE: Mumbai cops raid 7 StarDigital Network for"illegal" channeldistribution

geekvishal said:
And LCO never got sued for using private DTH ? Eveb in a city like Jabalpur ? That's strange ! I thought in cities he could have definitely get sued for using private DTH in public viewing.

Now story has changed but before Every Local LCO used to show paid channels from dishtv even they used to show STAR SPORTS channels from dishtv until 2011 also the reason they choose dishtv because of their buggy software in the Old Zenega Boxes which helps to do card sharing trick.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock