DDF Exclusive Nat Geo People, Baby TV Removed By ADTV

• Thread starter dino29
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 43
  • Views: Views 12,180
Now baby tv showing this channel no longer available banner
20190203-001127.jpg

Both channels working totally fine on DEN. The only thing concerning is EPG doesn't have channel price which is odd. Only these 2 don't have. That's both for HD & SD feed. @dino29 Also one more thing i noticed is Nat Geo People logo is smaller now than before 😅 are they showing a different feed?

HD Feed will also be removed, these channels are no longer part of Star India's SD or HD bouquet. Many operators must not have received proper communication regarding this from Star hence still continuing transmission. Nothing to do with channel just having HD Feed, previously too many channels had just HD Feed but included in SD bouquet too at separate rates. TravelXP is still living example of it, they r charging Rs. 9 for HD Feed and Rs. 3 for downscaled HD feed from operators

Most probably Star India will use their licence for some other purpose or surrender it with MIB. Wait for latest permitted channel list data.

Both channels working totally fine on DEN. The only thing concerning is EPG doesn't have channel price which is odd. Only these 2 don't have. That's both for HD & SD feed. @dino29 Also one more thing i noticed is Nat Geo People logo is smaller now than before 😅 are they showing a different feed?

Price has not been declared by Star India, guess they had earlier mentioned a-la-carte price of these channels in latest document but do not know if it is still the case. Please check and confirm.

About logo and feed, well it must be the Asia Feed with some changes in program schedule or maybe logo design. Do not worry thid channel is not coming back anytime soon to India, we r not a mature market as far as accepting good content is concerned. Fox Crime, FX, Zone Reality, Da Vinci Learning, Sony Rox HD, Sony Le Plex HD r just few recent victims of this trend

Price has not been declared by Star India, guess they had earlier mentioned a-la-carte price of these channels in latest document but do not know if it is still the case. Please check and confirm.

About logo and feed, well it must be the Asia Feed with some changes in program schedule or maybe logo design. Do not worry thid channel is not coming back anytime soon to India, we r not a mature market as far as accepting good content is concerned. Fox Crime, FX, Zone Reality, Da Vinci Learning, Sony Rox HD, Sony Le Plex HD r just few recent victims of this trend
You're spot on about few of the channels mentioned in your post. I genuinely miss Fox Crime and FX but then most of the shows are rated MA and won't be allowed to telecast without censoring a lot of stuff. Even Nat Geo People had very decent content. Baby TV was garbage.
The way things are going future doesn't seem that good for English tv channels. Best to subscribe to Netflix/Amazon Prime for such needs.

You're spot on about few of the channels mentioned in your post. I genuinely miss Fox Crime and FX but then most of the shows are rated MA and won't be allowed to telecast without censoring a lot of stuff. Even Nat Geo People had very decent content. Baby TV was garbage.
The way things are going future doesn't seem that good for English tv channels. Best to subscribe to Netflix/Amazon Prime for such needs.

I can assure that in coming months English Movies and Entertainment genre will see exit of many players, i have similar view that people will prefer OTT for such stuff rather than watching them on TV with ads, cuts or shortage of content they prefer. Let's wait and see, either they will be forced to reduce price to get max viewers and increase ad revenue or former possibility is more likely to happen.

Right now too although prices for bouquet has come down but still by keeping standalone prices high these broadcasters r forcing us to opt for bouquet, also operators r being forced to add non important channels included in this bouquet on their platform before giving it to us at applicable rates. Hope TRAI reinstates 15% bouquet discount cap rule soon as it will give us better choice to select and pay only for our favourite channels.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock