Discussion Nat Geo wild logo changed

Here is Nat geo wild USA new logo
yes.. I was talking about this...
They changed it a couple of months ago. Most countries use this logo now.

The Asia-Pacific feed still uses the old logo
D5szU4W.png

Portuguese Feed
YlZWsGL.png

Last edited:
Fox Branding is just Licensed to Disney as part of the acquisition and its owned by Fox Corporation. It wouldn't made sense for them to promote a different company in their properties so they would have renamed it. On the other hand NGC is its own independent company with Disney as Major Shareholders now, No sane company would ever drop that branding with a more than century years of awareness.

Well buddy i am well aware of present and past media company holding/structuring, u r right Fox branding had to go bcoz of it belonging to rival brand but regarding Nat Geo all i wanted to convey was that Disney being majority stakeholders would try to gel in Nat Geo within its own umbrella, Nat Geo identity will exist bcoz its popular but Disney will look to familiarize viewers about this being Disney Entity.

The yellow box itself is the branding for National Geographic. This minimalist branding is due to the fame and prominence the brand has already achieved. Anything related to NGC can't be dropped from these channels.

Yes, minimalistic is way forward for Disney. It would not be dropped but be more attached with Disney in public eye, being majority stakeholders they sure would leverage potential of all its channels when presented under single umbrella. Plz remember soon History TV and FYI will join Disney Bouquet and even there we will see attempt to make people aware about its connection with Disney, all this is important in India bcoz advertisers see reach of complete bouquet of a company and many times even less popular chs get ads by giving price discounts while clubbing with popular ones during ad slots purchase and on. Consumer side people tend to tune in to such chs more if owned by popular brand

Yes, minimalistic is way forward for Disney. It would not be dropped but be more attached with Disney in public eye, being majority stakeholders they sure would leverage potential of all its channels when presented under single umbrella. Plz remember soon History TV and FYI will join Disney Bouquet and even there we will see attempt to make people aware about its connection with Disney, all this is important in India bcoz advertisers see reach of complete bouquet of a company and many times even less popular chs get ads by giving price discounts while clubbing with popular ones during ad slots purchase and on. Consumer side people tend to tune in to such chs more if owned by popular brand
Wow. Did Colours sell History TV18 and FYI to Disney?

What about Fox Life? Will it rebrand to Nat Geo People?
No, it will retire and FYI will be the lifestyle channel from Star India/Disney. Also there is possibility that with Sony acquiring Network18 (except news biz) then Sony-Viacom will bring in new infotainment chs to India and fill empty space left there in... I do expect new english movie too from them. Some shows like The Bachelor r moving to AXN which indicates what future beholds

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock